Hi I am new.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ÆcookieÆ

03-23-2013

I was wondering what good champions are there that are very good junglers.

AWildRaticate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-23-2013

If you are new, as in just started playing, not trying to jungle is the best jungler. You need runes, masteries, and most importantly, experience, before you attempt jungling.

CerealBoxOfDoom

03-23-2013

ahri is the hottest jungler in the game!
Just put one of her less important teammates in front her to take all the damage. Dont worry everyone will want to help ahri jungle xD cuz she's ahri and being a walking punching bag for ahri is 100% viable

no bias whatsoever
/ahri fancult banner

if you want to solojungle though,

vi, nasus, and jarvan are kinda hot right now
the new udyr is currently the dark horse
old favorites are lee sin, nocturne, and maokai.

There are many others.

ÆcookieÆ

03-23-2013

People said lee sin isn't really a good jungler anymore, hes more of a laner. And Im level 15, i think i can do somewhat with jungling, maybe slow but still a good help to the team

Fack the Shat up

03-23-2013

Lee is still a good jungler

CerealBoxOfDoom

03-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie View Post
People said lee sin isn't really a good jungler anymore, hes more of a laner. And Im level 15, i think i can do somewhat with jungling, maybe slow but still a good help to the team
Lee sin and all the other fast gankers got nerfs. He can still jungle though and his mid to lategame strategies still workout. His lategame as well.

Hes a good jungler, he's just not a tournament dominating jungler anymore. Considering youre level 15 and the rate at which the jungle is being changed theres really no point in worrying about whats hot right now rather than finding a jungler you like alot. But you should still see what's hot right now just to see what direction RIOT is going in with jungle strategy

ÆcookieÆ

03-23-2013

I might get Vi, what are her pros and cons for jungling wise

CerealBoxOfDoom

03-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie View Post
I might get Vi, what are her pros and cons for jungling wise
cons:
every normal jungler has a vunerable moment during their first run especially after taking down blue or red for the first time and whichever they do next.

There are some like shaco, yorick, and others who can get around this but they tend to be less tanky champs than the ones who can deal with it. There's also champs like udyr and warwick who are kindof outdated but they are just so hard**** they fail to care about the junglecreep damage and focus on resource consumption.

Vi doesnt have a particularly strong trick for surviving the earlygame and so if she is attacked in the earlygame she may stumble a bit.

Additionally, pre level 6 her ganks from the jungle are skillshot dependant and she has no actual sticking power outside her two gapclosers earlygame.

pros:
With help, when vi reaches level 6 even if underleveled she can manage some great ganks especially on squishies.

In teamfights she is a definite asset. She isnt the duelist thats going to sashay in and swashbuckle with jax. She isnt the tank that's going to soak up the damage and chainstun the entire enemy team. She is like a truck, a 16 wheeler. You should hear irelia's favorite teamfight song when you play her in teamfights. You throw caution to the wind (smartly) and truck whomever needs to be focused down or whomever can stop you from doing so. Sometimes you go straight for the vayne sometimes you go for the shen protecting her and trying to pull your team into the nunu ult lol

random comment.
vi isnt really a jungler. Vi is a pro facebeater and the jungle has many faces... so she hits them. then she goes to hit any other face she can manage to find. She doesnt really need the element of suprise, she's just an awkward laner so she benifits from being in the jungle instead of in lane. Build smart and ward things for your team. Then go run something over. When counterjungling dont expect to make great escapes, junglers tend to be good chasers. Go in expecting to fight creeps AND take the other junglers milk money. Often times I will do it right in front of them if their team cant help them. If theyre stupid enough to stick around and steal it without escapes I'll just kill them too. Vi is strong enough to bully some squishier junglers like that. Like shaco, eve, yi, or fiddles or ones with no damage like shen and maokai. She can do it to lee and nocturne earlier on as well. Dont try this with shyv or skarner or other bruisers with a good chance of fighting back. You can fight them but you can't bully them too easy.

sofakingoog

03-23-2013

Vi is an awesome jungler. She used to be better but then got a slight nerf that really only slowed down her early game clear time but she's still awesome.

Pros when I play her:

-Lots of Crowd Control

-Can destroy those super tanks (w on every third attack lowers their armor and deals damage based on
their max HP)

-Can get really tanky and still have a lot of damage output

Cons when I play her

-Her ult is point and click and you will follow your target no matter how far they run. while this can be awesome because it means you aren't going to miss, it also means smart people counter it by diving under a turret. Followed up by someone with some CC and you can end up dead very quickly.

-I tend to get focused after I use my ult so you NEED hp in order to give your team enough time to catch up

-Her only escape while running is her Q. Basically you start charging up by taping q then a few seconds later you press Q again and you lunge forward. The cons to this are: 1. if that and flash are on CD you and you are surrounded by 3-4 champs from the other team your pretty much dead because you won't be able to get away. 2. the charging up can be interrupted by a lot of things meaning that even if you have Q up its not a guaranteed escape from a team with good with crowd control.

Basically those are my main pros and cons with Vi. When building her I also suggest that you get the item, Blade of the Ruined King. It basically makes up for the stats she lost in the nerf + a bunch of other useful stuff .

Other good junglers:

Skarner-
Pros:
-Tanky
-Post lvl 6 banks with ult are amazing
-Spammable Q means lots of slow in Team fights
-W speed boost makes for good chasing (sometimes)

Cons:
-Pre 6 banks are a little harder but as long as your lanes know your banking them and if they have some form of crowd control its normally doable.
-You have to not care about kills. Your a tanky ability spamming slow the other team down tank damage for people monstrous scorpion. You should come out of the game with proof that you had lots of team work but maybe not so much solo killing. (though once he's built he's still very capable of winning fights 1v1)
-People can flash away from you ult. It doesn't go on Cool Down but still its sad when it happens.

Shyvana-
Pros:
-Fast clear time (fastest I've seen out of the people I jungle with)
-Can demolish towers with her Q mid to late game
-Her ult turns her into to a flipping DRAGON!
-Good at chasing/escaping
Cons:
-Terrible ganks unless the other team is over extended or the lane has a bunch of Crowd Controls because you have none
-Kind of needs Buffed because she is a little weak ATM imo

Those are all the jungles I play all the time other decent ones are:
-Kha Zix
-Rengar
-Shaco (Falls off late game if you don't gank)
-Quinn (ONLY IF YOU HAVE LVL 30 MASTERIES AND A DEFENSIVE RUNE PAGE TBH MORE FOR SCREWING AROUND BUT HER GANKS ARE DEADLY) - Yes caps because I would be yelling this >.<

and on top of that theres plenty of other people who are viable you just gotta try em out

Basically for a new jungler I'd def go with Vi because she will let you get kills and learn how to gank/clear.
The rest of the suggestions are there just so you have some other Ideas for later
Like other people said though juggling isn't really a position to start in as a new player but theres absolutely no reason why you can't. I suggest you read a guide about it first though and heres how to find some decent ones

Google-->Vi lol-->2nd link (mobafire)--> Pick a guide and read (don't have to follow their build or masteries or runes but its good to know how the champ works and they normally give you juggling tips)

GL learning to jungle. Its a fun, rewarding, exciting position, however you get blamed a lot if a lane screws up and a lot of the time don't get thanks from your team if your banks are epic but IMO it's the most exciting position in the game

- The Sofa King

AWildRaticate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-23-2013

I prefer Vi mid, tbh. She can get incredibly fed off of the squishy AP casters then go ganking wherever she wants. She doesn't get as strong by farming jungle.

My fave junglers are Nautilus, Sejuani, Volibear, and Poppy. Definitely wouldn't suggest trying Poppy until you get to 30, though. The other 3 are resilient with very strong ganks, so you may be able to run them at lvl 15. All 3 are a bit slow early, but trade speed for gank strength.