Cho'Gath is too big.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scylla

03-23-2013

Supposed to be big, sure. But that big?

Oz SammyD X

03-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailism View Post
If I'm doing everything so wrong then GIVE ME EXACT DETAILS. "Play better" helps no one. Explain to me why I'm wrong before you make yourself look like more of a tool lmao.

Here's my horrible advice to you. Get better at debating. I'm not going to tell you how to do this. Just get better and stop being awful.

There, that'll help, yeah?
I'm a tool? Said the one that's QQ'ing on the forums about Cho'Gath.....

You want to counter Cho'Gath? Try a champion that does %hp damage because it counters his ultimate, the more he stacks the more damage you do, buying HP and MR is just an obvious way to lower his damage, Warmogs and Banshee Veil do well against him. Mana less champion like Riven can do well because of her sustain and ability to dodge his Rupture with a simple dash.

Deny farm, build tenacity, build hp, hard CC and simply dodging his abilities counter Cho'Gath, Warwick and Riven are probably two of his biggest counters.

That enough detail for you? Or are you going to QQ more?

Aringhe

03-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz SammyD X View Post
I'm a tool? Said the one that's QQ'ing on the forums about Cho'Gath.....

You want to counter Cho'Gath? Try a champion that does %hp damage because it counters his ultimate, the more he stacks the more damage you do, buying HP and MR is just an obvious way to lower his damage, Warmogs and Banshee Veil do well against him. Mana less champion like Riven can do well because of her sustain and ability to dodge his Rupture with a simple dash.

Deny farm, build tenacity, build hp, hard CC and simply dodging his abilities counter Cho'Gath, Warwick and Riven are probably two of his biggest counters.

That enough detail for you? Or are you going to QQ more?
...You do realize he's talking about Cho'Gath's size blocking sight on the enemy squishies, right?

Verius Nox

03-23-2013

They already nerfed his size.

AlexanderXI

03-23-2013

Chogath has no hard taunts or engages so he can't lock down people who are going for the squishies on his team as easy. His size is what helps him perform his tanking role. If you don't shut him down repeatedly then he'll reach his full tanking potential. In team fights though his size can't hinder aoe skills and ults.

Aringhe

03-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aringhe View Post
...You do realize he's talking about Cho'Gath's size blocking sight on the enemy squishies, right?
I got downvoted for the truth? Man, people are so cruel...

Ashielf Magna

03-23-2013

Oz SammyD X, Cailism is correct. Cho'gath is indeed supposed to be big. However, he is not supposed to make his squishy allies un-target-able.

>Teamfight occurs
>Obviously you try to focus their ADC and AP, however Cho'gath is standing on them while they nuke at you.
>You right click and throw your skillshots etc. Cho'gath takes all the damage and you can do nothing.
>You bring Cho'gath down to maybe half health. And at this time, the rest of his team has killed your entire team.
>GG.

The only way you can counter this is with something that will move Cho'gath i.e. Blitz's pull, Skarner's ulti, Rammus's taunt. But not all CC will move your enemies. Most of them will keep them stuck in the same spot.

Don't let Cho'gath get 6 stacks by shutting him down? Late game is when his size matters the most, and late game is also when he has over 4k health. This is also when the teamfights are occurring and you're not going to find any decent players by themselves that isn't baiting. And you plan to shut down Cho'gath? Good luck. Even if you do, he just needs to ult 3 minions/monsters to get back to his OP size.

This is an issue and his size does need to be nerfed. Even if it already has been, it needs to be nerfed more.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOnlyJaces View Post
idk if it's a troll thing but this post is the best i've seen for so long XD
Make me laugh
Oh hey there TheOnlyJaces

SecxyBear

03-23-2013

Quote:
His size is not an issue you just don't know how to overcome it, don't come on the forums and QQ because you don't know how to counter, his size is what makes Cho'Gath, Cho'Gath and you want to completely destroy that? He can stand on an ally and cover them from enemy attacks because THAT'S WHAT HE DOES.

Learn to counter....
I hate this ****... things like "l2play nub" are not helpful responses, I'm sure the issue isn't that he's not good, but rather is being beaten by a strategy he finds rather cheap, so respond properly maybe?....

Anywhoooo. I too dislike not being able to effectively select or see my targets due to chunky, oversize effects. Snaring Cho Gath shouldn't result in huge areas of the screen being covered by effects. I'm entirely sure that this is NOT an intended effect of Cho Gaths size. Many games implement useful ways of targeting things under big models (see MMOs) why not LoL?.

Does anyone here really want skilled LoL play to be about precision clicking-on-the-adc-under-the-way-too-big-model. Doubt it. I'm sure most people would agree good LoL play would be much more impressive if were about the choice between attacking the Cho Gath or the adc below rather than simply the ability to click on the almost completely blocked yet still accessible parts of caits model...

RadiantPyrophore

03-23-2013

Quote:
His size is not an issue you just don't know how to overcome it, don't come on the forums and QQ because you don't know how to counter, his size is what makes Cho'Gath, Cho'Gath and you want to completely destroy that? He can stand on an ally and cover them from enemy attacks because THAT'S WHAT HE DOES.

Learn to counter....
No, that's just his unique nifty trick.

What makes him Cho'Gath is his spike rack of doooom and his longass AoE silence. The dude is an AoE disrupt machine!

Oh, also his free health and troooooooo damage! nuke, but those are besides the point.

RadiantPyrophore

03-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailism View Post
Supposed to be big, sure. But that big?
Yes, he's godzilla's bigger brother from an eldritch horror alternate universe. Why do you think Mecha'Gath towers over skyscrapers and is busy spiking a helicopter in his artwork?