Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Mr. Solcrushed, I have a question for you about Brand, from a far land of Korea!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PromateurK

03-22-2013

I'm a korean player, and few weeks ago i saw what you did with our national website.

The AMA thing? You basically answered all of our korean users' questions.

And I realized this very late, so wasn't able to participate myself, but while i was scrolling

down i saw the part where you mentioned brand, my main & most favorite champion,

in your answer to the question "Why are ap nukers not used in competitive play?"

and there you said (although this was translated version, i'm not sure what were your

original words) "i'm currently looking for ways to make brand more efficient."

and I was so happy to hear that, and few days ago i heard that Brand's ult was changed.

I heard this through a korean website where it had the latest info updates.

I heard that it was on PBE, so i logged in right away, but then realized the skills

were the same. i kept on hearing updated news like nerfing base damage,

buffing 8/9/10% to 10/11/12% damage, but I never saw a change on PBE yet.

I'm now wondering, are these change update news i got even true??

or is it my lol client that has the problem?

and as my korean website's translated version sounds weird, I would like to get

a confirmation about brand's update. so basically i heard that

1. now it bounces 4 times instead of 5.

2. base damage 40/80/120 (+0.5 ap)

3. Each bounce deals extra 10/11/12% of the target's MAXIMUM health.

4. Its passive is "whenever it bounces, it prioritizes target who wasnt hit by Pyroclasm first."

AND if they are true, i would like to ask you about No.4, because that would be a huge nerf. First of all, so all of brand's skills had this passive blaze effect, but ult now does not have any additional effect based on his passive?? and, the prioritizing thing, so when there are 2 champs A and B and 2 minions C and D, and all of them are ablaze, and if I target A champion, it will bounce like A -> prioritizes "champion" who "didnt get hit yet" -> B -> "A" champion already hit, now lost its prioritization, randomized target -> C -> Both "A" and "B" champion already hit, still lost its prioritization, randomized target -> D -> Bounced 4 times already, so finished. like this?

IS THIS CORRECT? I really would like to hear your answer!!

(I dont mind nerfing the skill kinda bit in damage, but I really think all of brand's skills should have the additional effect based on his passive of being ablaze. I think that was like the main symbol of brand, right? just like i heard you guys dont like to mess up with the characters' original purposes and identity. Just my opinion though, I would like to hear what you think!)

thank you deeply for your time!!

JohnyBeggod

03-23-2013

I really think you throw the pyroclasm on a champion and it bounces 4 times, leading to 5 ticks of dmg
and it will prioritize Champs not hit by pyro> Champs hit by pyro> minions.
hope it helps.

PromateurK

03-23-2013

Quote:
JohnnyBeggodd:
I really think you throw the pyroclasm on a champion and it bounces 4 times, leading to 5 ticks of dmg
and it will prioritize Champs not hit by pyro> Champs hit by pyro> minions.
hope it helps.

yeah but right now, the original brand ult says it will bounce up to 5 TIMES. so 4 times in a skill tip would mean it will get nerfed one bounce.

and about the champs hit by pyro thing, can you say for sure that waht you said is correct? if it is, i would be happy as hell!

PromateurK

03-23-2013

Bubububump

PromateurK

03-24-2013

Bububububump

Pompy The Pig

03-24-2013

Quote:
PromateurK:
yeah but right now, the original brand ult says it will bounce up to 5 TIMES. so 4 times in a skill tip would mean it will get nerfed one bounce.

and about the champs hit by pyro thing, can you say for sure that waht you said is correct? if it is, i would be happy as hell!

I believe awhile ago they changed Brand's ult to be %health and bounce only four times and a second patch later buffing it.

However in game it seems the tooltip still reads it as it was originally for some reason, and I don't think I ever saw them revert it, so, I don't know if the changes are on PBE right now.

They were for a bit, but I think they may have been changed back.

PromateurK

03-30-2013

bump. is it changed back? so canceled?