Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Is karma a little "up" atm?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JohnyBeggod

03-22-2013

I dont know, i did the math and it was quite shocking
Mantra inner flame: 785 base damage + 1,5 ratio w/ 500 ap = 1535 damage on a 3sec cd spell, but this much damage is only aquired through a 27 sec cd spell. 40% always applied since it's becoming more common to build morellos.
Mantra Focused resolve = 560 base damage + 1,2 ratio w/ 500 ap = 1160 damage while healing you for 600ish.

1vs1 with 500 ap she would E her for a shield of 600 while dealing 560~ on her W, rooting you for 2 sec to a guaranteed mantra inner flame wich would explode you for a total of 2,1k damage.

Toughts?

Best Karma Ionia

03-22-2013

27 sec cd with max cdr for ONE of those to happen?

Ysmir

03-22-2013

No she's not "UP" she's borderline OP and if she is released with the same numbers I expect to see her used in many tournaments as AP mid.

JohnyBeggod

03-22-2013

Her E is a locket + shurelyas when used as support.

Best Karma Ionia

03-23-2013

And you factored in no mres. Even with just runes and leveling scaling, mres will cut it by half to 25%.

A Vitriolic Cat

03-23-2013

You also didn't factor in spells and autoattacks hitting people reducing the cooldown. Karma isn't super bursty anymore - definitely more sustained DPS/soft CC in a fight. You can easily get 2-3 mantra spells off in a decent length teamfight (more in a chase/sustained fight/poke battle/etc) and that makes a huge difference in her overall numbers.

Bombkirby

03-23-2013

My fear is that she'll be released as UP. I know they can always buff her. But after being on the sidelines for years, she deserves a break. She wont take off if she comes out being mediocre, and long time Karma fans will HATE Riot for changing her without improving her.

Firellius

03-23-2013

Quote:
Bombkirby:
My fear is that she'll be released as UP. I know they can always buff her. But after being on the sidelines for years, she deserves a break. She wont take off if she comes out being mediocre, and long time Karma fans will HATE Riot for changing her without improving her.

My fear is that she'll be released as UP, be considered "unfixable" once more by RIOT and will end up in the same position as she has been ever since her release, except now without any of the uniqueness.

I wouldn't put it past them to drop her once she's been reworked, regardless of her situation.

Kenbo10

03-23-2013

i think her mid is good enough but i find she is very "up" as a support. Have yet to find a positive match up bottom lane for her among the common supports, including lux and morg

Noraerolei

03-23-2013

Quote:
Firellius:
My fear is that she'll be released as UP, be considered "unfixable" once more by RIOT and will end up in the same position as she has been ever since her release, except now without any of the uniqueness.

I wouldn't put it past them to drop her once she's been reworked, regardless of her situation.

I was hoping to play her in PBE but no signups =/

But I love playing her right now. I can AP mid very well without any changes and she is a great support as is. Karma has forever been underplayed because she isn't the easiest champ and you have to try with her. You can't always spam the same order and get a secured kill you must plan out what you are going to do and be able to change it up at a moments notice.

Karma is underrated and is OP as it is if you take the time to learn her and build correctly. There have been many games as AP karma going 24/6 and the six deaths are usally early/mid game. I really don't know why people never play her she isn't all that bad.

I do however want the visual upgrade. The new Kit she has seems a little less support focused and more mage orientated, which is fine and all... but i like to player her a support more and it seems she will be a much worse pick as support over someone like taric,blitz, sona, or soraka.

/end_rant