This ranked system.....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bulgara

Junior Member

03-22-2013

Is absolutely horrible. For a few different reasons. This isn't even diving into the horrible mess that is known as the "matchmaking system". First off... don't call them "seasons" because they aren't. They are continuations of the previous "seasons". I don't know if you are just protecting your pro players or what it is, but you give no reason to try and improve your game. Let's say you are a decent player in season 2 and dropped your elo because you were still learning the game, but by the end of season 2 you had elevated your game to above-average status and want to compete. You are all excited for the next "season" to show up so you can actually do well. TOO BAD!! Because we want to protect our good players and do what is called a "soft reset". That's right, if you were in elo hell and couldn't get out in season 2... you are still stuck in elo hell without being able to get out in season 3. You are now officially FOREVER stuck in a situation you will NEVER be able to get out of. So have fun playing our game and I hope you never intend on being effectively competitive in it Riot... please... I beg you... implore you... to change this system and do a HARD reset of elo to start seasons.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cavo

Senior Member

03-22-2013

Really? The source of your rage is the fact that Riot didn't throw all the professional players back into the ranked Q with all the bronze players? Wow...you are some kind of special to reach that conclusion. You think Riot is protecting the pro players? LOL. They're protecting the players like you who have no business ever playing in a game against someone who isn't silver or bronze. If you can't be competitive because you're stuck in Bronze, I hate to break it to you, but it's not the system. It just means that of the many bronze players, you are clearly not among those who are ready to move up into silver. The way you justify things to yourself is honestly going to make me crack a rib when I fall to the ground laughing. "protect the pro players"...rofl.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bulgara

Junior Member

03-22-2013

Cavo... I don't know where you are ranked... nor do I care. But before you start making fun of me for being bronze and saying that it's not the system and that I am not ready to move up and "blah blah blah" you obviously have NEVER been stuck in bronze. Every other game I get a game of 4 lanes that either feed or have trolls. There is nothing you can do as 1 person in this game when the 4 other people are feeding. And this happens more often than not. I will win my lane and everybody else will lose theirs. This is a product of the system not the person. They give you no incentive to try and improve and move up in the leagues because it is so ridiculously hard. They aren't "protecting the lesser players". You sound like a snobby person that feels like you are better than the "lesser players". By the way, I know plenty of people in bronze that are twice as good as people in silver or even gold but simply got stuck there early on and find it impossible to scratch their way out.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cavo

Senior Member

03-22-2013

Before the new system came out, everyone had to go through bronze at some point. Starting ELo was 1250. It took me 6 games to go from 1250 to 1450. That season I mostly mained Gragas. So I would take him mid, rack up ridiculous numbers of kills and force the other team to surrender very quickly. I think maybe once in all those games was there another player on my team who was any good, and in one of them we had our jungler dc at 10 minutes and never came back. So when you say know bronze players who deserve to be in gold rating. Sorry, just not true. So I stand by my earlier statement, if you can't move up, it means you're not ready to move up.

But let's be honest, the real reason I was laughing at you was because of the way you tried to paint a magnificent picture of Riot standing bare-chested with a giant shield in front of the cowering professional players who were so scared of having to play against you. Real?

You know what happens if you get that hard reset you wanted. First game, your team gets Patoy and Crumbz, but the other team gets Voyboy and Saintvicious and Voyboy get's fed early and so you lose. Games 2, You got Crumbz on your team again but this time Patoy's on the other team with Dyrus who lost his first game because he played like he did against Azubu Frost six month ago, (jk <3 Dyrus). So you lost again. Game 3, you're in game against Crumbz this time who is quick to end his 2 game losing streak because there are no challenger tier players on your team this time. He goes 16-0 before you guys can surrender. No professional players left anymore as they've all begun to move up, but the diamond and platinum players they beat are still around so you lose your next 3 games because they are way too good for our team to handle. And it continues on like this for awhile, but you don't pay attention anymore because you spend your time on the forums raging at Riot for making you play solo Q games against professional players. This was a lot more than I meant to type, but I had fun making you look like an idiot.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Baxter the Teddy

Senior Member

03-22-2013

I want to print that off and paint it across my wall. Someone give Cavo a medal.

Y'know what, I'ma do it. I'ma give Cavo a medal.

-gives Cavo a medal-

Well, someone had too.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GGroovy

Junior Member

03-22-2013

No offense guys but im silver 1 i get 90 points like 8 times and then i win 3 games in a row and i win 2 or 1 point for each win, then i get trolled by some noob and get -18 points and that is what im dealing with. The system no offense is a XXX, thats my opinion about this system.

Maybe nobody of riot start thinking about how hard is get gold, because in silver 1 you get trolled in almost 85% of the games. Anyway what we can do? nothing because this system is not going to change, if you're a guy who rages when you get trolled like me, i advice to take pills anti-trolls and pray to god


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Selcopa

Senior Member

03-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulgara View Post
Is absolutely horrible. For a few different reasons. This isn't even diving into the horrible mess that is known as the "matchmaking system". First off... don't call them "seasons" because they aren't. They are continuations of the previous "seasons". I don't know if you are just protecting your pro players or what it is, but you give no reason to try and improve your game. Let's say you are a decent player in season 2 and dropped your elo because you were still learning the game, but by the end of season 2 you had elevated your game to above-average status and want to compete. You are all excited for the next "season" to show up so you can actually do well. TOO BAD!! Because we want to protect our good players and do what is called a "soft reset". That's right, if you were in elo hell and couldn't get out in season 2... you are still stuck in elo hell without being able to get out in season 3. You are now officially FOREVER stuck in a situation you will NEVER be able to get out of. So have fun playing our game and I hope you never intend on being effectively competitive in it Riot... please... I beg you... implore you... to change this system and do a HARD reset of elo to start seasons.
Your entire post is based on the premise that there are players stuck in a bracket that they don't belong in(whether too high, or too low)

Simple fact is that I've spent 2 years on this game searching for this magic player and have been unsuccessful in finding him. Ive even offered a cash reward for such a player.

So please, if you believe you are this magical player, or you know of their existence, show me. Otherwise you are just blowing smoke out your own ass


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Plausibly Sane

Senior Member

03-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGroovy View Post
No offense guys but im silver 1 i get 90 points like 8 times and then i win 3 games in a row and i win 2 or 1 point for each win, then i get trolled by some noob and get -18 points and that is what im dealing with. The system no offense is a XXX, thats my opinion about this system.

Maybe nobody of riot start thinking about how hard is get gold, because in silver 1 you get trolled in almost 85% of the games. Anyway what we can do? nothing because this system is not going to change, if you're a guy who rages when you get trolled like me, i advice to take pills anti-trolls and pray to god

I've been floating up and down in silver I for a legit 200 games. I may end up having to get a duo-partner for the SOLO QUE to drop troll risk to 60% instead of 80%


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Selcopa

Senior Member

03-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Stevo View Post
I've been floating up and down in silver I for a legit 200 games. I may end up having to get a duo-partner for the SOLO QUE to drop troll risk to 60% instead of 80%
You've still never proven via replays or any type of evidence that you've ever belonged at higher than silver 1.

That's the problem with your statement.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tál

Senior Member

03-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selcopa View Post
You've still never proven via replays or any type of evidence that you've ever belonged at higher than silver 1.

That's the problem with your statement.
this