Irelia 16 30.19%
Hecraim 1 1.89%
Zed 5 9.43%
Renekton 16 30.19%
Pantheon 12 22.64%
Lee Sin 3 5.66%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

New top laner

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DesertFox

03-22-2013

Since they nerfed Olaf into Karma tier, and halved my Riven's hp regen and doubled her ult CD. Despite numerous attempts to get used to the nerfs, I'm now on the quest for a new AD top. I basically have all the AP casters that is capable of going top (Rumble, Singed, Vladmir, Kennen, Chogath etc). Now, my choices are what interest me in terms of kit design, re-playability (fun, is another term for it I guess.), and compatibility with S3. If a champion is not on the list while it should be, please list below. Btw this is for the purpose of solo q ranked, I always find myself struggling to pick a top laner, while I have dozens of ADCs, supports, casters, junglers. I want someone that is able to snowball both himself and his team. Excluding Akali, I know she'll get the bat soon.

DesertFox

03-23-2013

To those who voted, please provide info on their strength, weakness, role, item/rune set up, any of that. That'd be much appreciated.

StormEagle5000

03-23-2013

Yorick. Destroys most everyone. AD quints and marks. 9, 0, 21 masteries. Rush manamume, warmogs, frozen fist. If not a win by then last items are preference.

AWildRaticate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-23-2013

Irelia has already been nerfed a million times and is still fantastic. If you're specifically playing solo queue, she's one who doesn't require a lot of team coordination in order to get wins. If you get just one early kill with Irelia, you can snowball out of control pretty quickly. She has no hard counters, high mobility, mixed damage (much harder to mitigate), you can build all sorts of random things on her and it all works great. If I start snowballing with Irelia I normally like to pick up Ionian Boots, BT, Gunblade, and Trinity Force, then some tank items for end game durability (preferably Frozen Mallet then GA). Run 21-9-0 masteries and harass hard and often.

Siegfried7b

03-23-2013

None of them are typical good top except for Irelia and Renecton, just consider what you see in tournaments.
Considering Irelia is hard to use, nerfed and need a lot of practice, I recommend Renecton. It's also not a easy champion though. It has no mana cost, nice aoe burst damage, double dash, tanky ult and a hard cc.

Z0nne

03-23-2013

How about Zin Xao? He's easy to use, Smash some buttons, poke people in the ass, profit

Ur210

03-23-2013

Renekton gets played in tournaments, so you might as well play him.

RadiantPyrophore

03-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z0nne View Post
How about Zin Xao? He's easy to use, Smash some buttons, poke people in the ass, profit
Xin is a ****** champ.

DesertFox

03-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z0nne View Post
Xin Zhao* xP
But he seems rather boring, and I can smell further nerfs to his kit.

DesertFox

03-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegfried7b View Post
None of them are typical good top except for Irelia and Renecton, just consider what you see in tournaments.
Considering Irelia is hard to use, nerfed and need a lot of practice, I recommend Renecton. It's also not a easy champion though. It has no mana cost, nice aoe burst damage, double dash, tanky ult and a hard cc.
Then mind giving me some good recommendations?
I need someone that is able to carry a game regardless of other lanes' failures.
Oh and please don't say Xin Zhao. I just don't like him.