Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Karma W on Allies? Minions? Why, or Why Not?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bedwilly Sanchez

03-22-2013

Not sure if it would be a good idea or a bad idea.

I can see many variations for how it would work, some crazy OP (Mantra heal, speed buff, tenacity combo), some very useless (stun lane minion.)

But I know that it feels strange to me to not be able to snare blue when soloing. Not being able to target allies feels strange too (this might just be due to my history with old Karma)!

Do you agree that it FEELS odd?

Any Ideas as to how to add it without throwing balance off?

Thanks for feedback.

Hidden Dragon

03-22-2013

I agree with W being used on monsters, but minions definitely creates the problem of people hiding among minions during fights.

Right now, Karma can do very little against dragon and baron and taking blue buff is just a huge pain in the butt with Q as your only damaging ability. Being able to use W on jungle monsters would be a great improvement for her.

frostywontons

03-22-2013

The problem with having it targettable on minions is that Karma would be immovable in-lane. Her Mantra'ed W heals for a large chunk and the cast range is much larger than, say, Fiddlestick's Drain. So if they intend to make it targettable on minions then the heal amount would have to be toned down. For jungle monsters, however, I could see as a good compromise as it would open up another playstyle for her.

Laevatienn

03-22-2013

I agree with being able tether monsters as getting blue is more a game of patience and it would be nice to not get chased down by Tibbers or Zoidlings while Annie/Mal stays out of range until they can use a spell. Minions are another thing entirely. While it would be nice to heal off minions it allows for escaping the tether similar to the time when Ignite could hit minions. Monsters yes, minions no.

Allies would be nice but the healing would have to be reduced. Maybe cut the healing amount in half, one half for you and one half for ally thus giving the option to give more hurt or heal an ally. No speed buff though, the shield is enough for that. Maybe a quick burst in AD/AP on the tethered ally at the end for 2-3 seconds or something along that vein. Such a short time buff would be good for support Karma as she gains an ally heal even if the effects are diminished and give her that utility mage feel. Similar to how Orianna's shield passively boosts armor and magic resist. Some ideas. Maybe just boost stats for the duration of the tether rather than a burst at the end...hmm. My two yen.

Eyrgos

03-22-2013

I think it should be usable on monsters most definitely, I've been arguing for this a while. Else, not on minions for sure- too op of a health restore.

namora

03-22-2013

Siege minions and monsters.

Bedwilly Sanchez

03-22-2013

Quote:
Eyrgos:
I think it should be usable on monsters most definitely, I've been arguing for this a while. Else, not on minions for sure- too op of a health restore.

Yeah, unless it worked at half effectiveness. If someone wants to waste their mantra for a small heal off of minions, be my guest.

Best Karma Ionia

03-22-2013

Quote:
Eyrgos:

Health restore on monsters... Karma jungle...

Needles K

03-22-2013

Quote:
frostywontons:
The problem with having it targettable on minions is that Karma would be immovable in-lane. Her Mantra'ed W heals for a large chunk and the cast range is much larger than, say, Fiddlestick's Drain. So if they intend to make it targettable on minions then the heal amount would have to be toned down.

It's roughly the same as Soraka's heal, but over two seconds, breakable and on an even longer cooldown. I'm not sure this would be that much of a problem. Soraka can definitely be killed.

Mihlo

03-23-2013

Have it be targetable to (large) minions and monsters, the heal from mantra is 50% of normal.

This makes it so that Karma can be of greater use for taking out dragon/baron/blue/etc, without putting her lane power into overdrive. If needed, she just doesn't heal from (large) minions.

(large) minions because otherwise it would be easy to just hide in a minion wave and rely on the not so great targeting to mess Karma up.

Right now its quite frustrating that Karma has only one reliable source of damage to non-champions when she could easily have 2.