Why does Yorick count Darius so hard?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vinterheim

03-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterGun View Post
Because Yorick is just an annoyance, he isn't a powerhouse, he shines in making the laning phase hard for whoever he plays against and that is all. Have you seen his skills? He takes the least skill of any champ to play.

(Q) -> Click, summon minion (Watch minion CC, and harass randomly)
(W) -> Click, summon minion (Watch minion CC, and harass randomly)
(E) -> Click, summon minion (Watch minion CC, and harass randomly)
(R) -> Click, summon ally player (Watch ally, harass randomly)
I beg to differ, Garen is the easiest and skilless champ lol

Feleas

03-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinterheim View Post
I beg to differ, Garen is the easiest and skilless champ lol
Yet Yorick is a direct counter to Garen according to my match histories involving my ranked Yorick matches, and championselect.net which states that Garen sucks eggs hardcore against Yorick. Long story short, Garen may be the "easiest and skilless" champion in existance, but Yorick raises the bar on that.

Best Karma Ionia

03-22-2013

Nah. Garen shreds in damage building 100% tank and maintains that damage all game. Yorick falls off late game and sits back to R his most fed lane and poke now and again while soaking up damage. Garen YOLOLOLOL spins in ults and tanks all at once without much though process as to "What's my next target". Sure. You want to reach the ADC. Great. Might as well AOE your way there and kill anything else inbetween. Yorick can not do this.

Feleas

03-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homocastle View Post
Nah. Garen shreds in damage building 100% tank and maintains that damage all game. Yorick falls off late game and sits back to R his most fed lane and poke now and again while soaking up damage. Garen YOLOLOLOL spins in ults and tanks all at once without much though process as to "What's my next target". Sure. You want to reach the ADC. Great. Might as well AOE your way there and kill anything else inbetween. Yorick can not do this.
Never had this issue playing as Yorick. Every game I've lost as Yorick was because my bot or mid fed like bosses after I get fed more than the enemy team gets fed off of my team.

Best Karma Ionia

03-22-2013

I meant yorick cant AOE burst any non hyper tank as well as garen can late game. His damage is mediocre at best after level 10 or so, when laning typically ends. Before lane yes, he's a pain. But as far as Im concerned, long term garen is more skillless and more... Er. Strong... Than yorick. Has more uses, capable of fulfilling more roles and responsibilities. Silencing APCs. Shredding ADCs. Peeling off your team. Yorick can peel and zone late game.

Ravenous Geese

03-23-2013

Because Darius has no real answer for kiting. And Yorick will win any duel with Darius pre 6; Yorick is a great all in fighter. Post 6 even if Darius somehow gets the kill Yorick's revenant should mop up and make it a 1 for 1.

StormEagle5000

03-23-2013

The view yorick is just an R guy is not true. A frozen fist plus an active muramana and warmogs for surviving wrecks. When I play I go hyper aggressive in teamfights ripping them to shreds. I've done pretty awesome bursts with his Q plus Sheen. Most games it's better to ult myself bc I so more dmg then anyone else.

RadiantPyrophore

03-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiju View Post
EDIT: Meant to say "counter" in the title

I'm Wondering cause I went against a Yorick as Darius and I ended up 0/9 against him. I just wanna know why he counters so hard.
Simple, he's dead so he can't bleed.

He has stronger slows so you can't cripple him.

He has range and sustain so you can't all in him.

Even if you DO all in him, he gets about four times as strong just by pushing QWER.

TBH, Yorick doesn't lose solo lane to anybody (Except maybe Cho and WW if they outman him), and he outright wins most lane matchups, you just need to survive and farm against him, and Darius can't do either, so he's ****ed.

cFlame

12-31-2013

Its a good thing in my opinion, Darius counters so many people and is just so painful before I am level 9. Darius will most likely get kills before then of course, since hes a better version of the blind pick Garen.

CerealBoxOfDoom

12-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabbathes1ut3 View Post
Its a good thing in my opinion, Darius counters so many people and is just so painful before I am level 9. Darius will most likely get kills before then of course, since hes a better version of the blind pick Garen.
Don't necro so hard. And yorick doesn't counter darius, he just poops on him like pretty much everyone else. Its just too common to even be called a counter anymore :P