Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why does Yorick count Darius so hard?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Taiju

03-22-2013

EDIT: Meant to say "counter" in the title

I'm Wondering cause I went against a Yorick as Darius and I ended up 0/9 against him. I just wanna know why he counters so hard.

Vencu

03-22-2013

Yorick beats a LOT of tops

he's a pure lane champion that in teamfights his role is merely ULT THE FED GUY

But any champion without a lot of sustain/ranged poke is gonna have a bad time vs yorick

Vinterheim

03-22-2013

Because Yorick has more sustain, cc and does not even need to get into melee range to poke Darius?

AWildRaticate

03-22-2013

Because anyone with any sort of range can counter Darius hard, not to mention that Darius doesn't actually counter anyone. Darius punishes mistakes and does nothing else well, so as long as his lane opponent plays smart and doesn't go too aggro, Darius will almost always lose.

SinisterGun

03-22-2013

Because Yorick is just an annoyance, he isn't a powerhouse, he shines in making the laning phase hard for whoever he plays against and that is all. Have you seen his skills? He takes the least skill of any champ to play.

(Q) -> Click, summon minion (Watch minion CC, and harass randomly)
(W) -> Click, summon minion (Watch minion CC, and harass randomly)
(E) -> Click, summon minion (Watch minion CC, and harass randomly)
(R) -> Click, summon ally player (Watch ally, harass randomly)

tetran2

03-22-2013

So an in depth look as to why yorick effectively counters darius. Moreso than most other laners.

Passive: Yorick gains 5% damage reduction and 5% extra damage for each ghoul active, his ghouls gain 35% of his attack damage.

This is a very strong reason as to why yorick counters darius. 5% reduced damage for each ghouls means a 20% damage reduction on darius' abilities except his ultimate.

Omen of war: Yorick summons a ghoul that deals extra physical damage and increases his movement speed.

This helps yorick trade effectively with darius and gives extra movespeed to escape if he needs to.

Omen of pestilence: yorick summons a ghoul which deals aoe damage and slows the target.

This also helps you escape darius since he needs to run up to get you. the slow will also help in chasing down people.

Omen of famine: Yorick summons a ghoul that geals damage and heals yorick for a percentage. the ghoul will continue to steal life each time it attacks.

This is probably one the better counters to darius. the continued lifesteal can negate your passive and since its ranged yorick can heal from a distance. this ability will keep yorick healthy while you cannot stay at a good range of health.

Omen of death: yorick summons a copy of a target champion. if the champion dies the ghoul sacrifices itself to revive the champion for a short amount of time. The ghoul also gets a percentage of the champions damage.

This ability can let yorick kill you even if hes been killed. More than likely if you killed him 1v1 then you are also very low on life. The revive will give him enough time to kill you and prevent you from snowballing the lane.

Yoricks kit does allow him to be a bully in lane but he is very gankable and will not be able to 100-0 you. If you can survive the laning phase you can be more useful because of your ults true damage and reset. If you kill someone yorick targeted with omen of death you have still killed the enemy so you should get the reset. A good way to stop yoricks ghouls is to stay near the bush and run into it when the ghouls chase. they then lose their targeting on you and will switch to minions.

Aringhe

03-22-2013

Quote:
tetran2:
So an in depth look as to why yorick effectively counters darius. Moreso than most other laners.

Passive: Yorick gains 5% damage reduction and 5% extra damage for each ghoul active, his ghouls gain 35% of his attack damage.

This is a very strong reason as to why yorick counters darius. 5% reduced damage for each ghouls means a 20% damage reduction on darius' abilities. So noxian guillotine isn't going to do as much damage. plus the added ad will allow him to trade effectively.

% damage reduction does not reduce True Damage.

FINAL SALVATI0N

03-22-2013

There are few champs that Yorick doesn't counter pretty hard top. Any melee going versus a ranged has the potential to get kited hard.

Feleas

03-23-2013

Quote:
Taiju:
EDIT: Meant to say "counter" in the title

I'm Wondering cause I went against a Yorick as Darius and I ended up 0/9 against him. I just wanna know why he counters so hard.

I'll answer your question with a joke about Yorick;

"Yorick walks into a bar. There was no counter."

I hope this was educational because it's so true it's scary. I love Yorick for that reason haha.

Thubgar

03-23-2013

yorick has some of stronger poke available and darius has no proper gap closer.