Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Timeout error, never had problems before this patch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ralkor

11-04-2010

(mx.messaging.messages::ErrorMessage)#0
body = (Object)#1
clientId = (null)
correlationId = "9DC2F3D5-EF89-95F2-B24B-17B12A1B17A9"
destination = ""
extendedData = (null)
faultCode = "Client.Error.RequestTimeout"
faultDetail = "The request timeout for the sent message was reached without receiving a response from the server."
faultString = "Request timed out"
headers = (Object)#2
messageId = "EE9B51E2-C926-5717-11E2-17B214938376"
rootCause = (null)

Ralkor

11-04-2010

Usually I could understand this error occuring if I didn't have a good connection, but I have never had this problem before with my current provider. I have also checked other sites and games and I am having no connection problems, only this game. This has only occured after the latest patch. Please lend me support if you have a chance. Thank you.

King John VI

11-04-2010

A timeout error usually occurs when your internet connection is not recieveing sufficient (or any) data from the server you are trying to connect to. A few things to try:
1) Try resetting you router and making sure all cables are properly connected.
2) Contact your ISP (internet service provider) if the problwem is not localized to league of legends. Sometimes companies (like comcast for example) have difficulties on thier end.
3) Repair your internet connection.
4) Check your antivirus settings. A new update to the virus definitions can cause it to try to block the game. Especially disable any intrusing prevention or anti-spyware and see if that helps.

Finally, it is also possible that it was the league of legends server, if this was the case, the problem should just go away with time.

Edit: It is also possible the site was blocked by your system administrator, you might check to make sure that has not occured.

Ralkor

11-04-2010

Thank you for the reply and the help. I don't have any more time to try to fix this today, but I do hope that it is just a temporary error. I hope it is fixed in time for me to get the bundle on sale, but I am not sure if I can get on again this week.
But seriously, thank you for the help.