Riot, Enough is Enough. Myself & The Community Want Answers.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tiropat

07-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMetro View Post
yet at the same time any other post we make on here that could be about dominion gets moved where it gets ignored when obviously GD is the greatest visibility for reds to see. When they do that it shows a lack of care towards a mode they made and a community that they say they will support. It's not that a lot of us are gonna be mad at Riot for telling us otherwise that Dominion will or will not receive things it's that we don't get very much information to begin with that makes us mad. Why can't this mode get competitive ranked? TT got it and it still had some broken things to clean up. SR has it's champions who can come out broken or even items. So why is it when Dominion which really only has a handful of broken champs on the mode that would get banned out anyways in a ranked setting does not get one? It can't be because there isn't a meta because there is one. There are several different logical metas you can follow but there is really only one main one that gets used at high levels and it has made it's way down to the bottom levels of 4 top one bot. We even have our usual summoner spells that we figured were best Revive/Exhaust, Revive/Garrison, Revive/etc.

This isn't a jab at reds but it is somewhat of a complaint that we don't get very much. It was nice awhile ago when nome was on the dom forums talking to us about balance issues and what not, but it's like he disappeared. It would be nice to get more discussion from this considering the community has figured out a lot of issues on their own.
I started playing lol about when sona came out and this is the main reason that i stopped playing the game for a long time (so long i don't even remember the email i signed up with in the first place) Roit seems to just "forget" about large parts of the community, in TT all they really did was fix some VERRY broken champs like mundo and just move back to SR.

Remember when the champoin spotlights included dominion? When they stopped doing that it show me a huge lack of love for this game mode.

CombatCube

07-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEnglish22 View Post
I'm bumping this thread, because of two reasons:
1) Riot still hasn't made good on (another) Dominion promise.

2) And this is the important one:
Riot has disabled Blind Pick Dominion as an option for players below level 30 today. No Announcement, no comment, I've sent twitter messages to multiple Riot employees without response (even though they have since tweeted other things) and multiple threads.
It seems to me that they are ACTIVELY trying to cripple Dominion. How can it garner a playerbase if it cannot get new players to join in?

The reason I found out about this is because I recently got my girlfriend into League. That said, she only ever plays Dominion, and not until this past week has she started playing Non-Bot games. She played some of her first PvP Dominion games yesterday, and today when I tried to queue with her the option was no longer there.

Why did Riot disable low level Dominion? Are they that worried about the game type getting more attention than SR from new players?
Bump because wtf? Is this still true?

Pwerty

07-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatCube View Post
Bump because wtf? Is this still true?
As shown in the newest patch, you must reach level 5 & 7 to play Dominion. It was previously 10 for v. AI and 15 for PvP. Before the most recent patch, the game types simply didn't show up. It is a recent change. Make a new account and look for yourself.

Evidently their logic is that because you get better IP/XP from dominion they don't want people grinding out referral accounts.

Pwerty

07-21-2013

Bump for visibility

Basilisk1991

07-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEnglish22 View Post
I'm bumping this thread, because of two reasons:
1) Riot still hasn't made good on (another) Dominion promise.

2) And this is the important one:
Riot has disabled Blind Pick Dominion as an option for players below level 30 today. No Announcement, no comment, I've sent twitter messages to multiple Riot employees without response (even though they have since tweeted other things) and multiple threads.
It seems to me that they are ACTIVELY trying to cripple Dominion. How can it garner a playerbase if it cannot get new players to join in?

The reason I found out about this is because I recently got my girlfriend into League. That said, she only ever plays Dominion, and not until this past week has she started playing Non-Bot games. She played some of her first PvP Dominion games yesterday, and today when I tried to queue with her the option was no longer there.

Why did Riot disable low level Dominion? Are they that worried about the game type getting more attention than SR from new players?
Well it's only been about 3 months, I think the team in charge of Dominion is quite small and they more than likely have only a small pool of their own in-house QA testers (if even that) to ensure that the balance changes are solid, also considering how many champions you have currently (115 with Lucian) re-balancing each and every one of them is going to take time so they can playtest and ensure balance, also considering what happened with the Proving Ground --> Howling Abyss change and the rumor floating around that Shurima is getting a revamp (Due to new data from the beta of the new site design) it might just be that Dominion MAY (AND THIS IS PURE CONJECTURE ATM) be getting a visual update, which might be what they're waiting for to implement the map specific stat changes.

Pwerty

07-24-2013

Guys, they finally did something.

They nerfed Kassadin. Finally.

Conath

08-01-2013

its cute that we thought they may actually do something

MrEnglish22

08-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conath View Post
its cute that we thought they may actually do something
They've done just enough to avoid being accused of not giving 0 ****s about the dominion community.

However, only 1% of appropriate number of ****s are being given currently.

Still, 1% is better than the 0% we were getting for a while.

The Harlequin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2013

They hardly responded to this thread to be honest...

The map is ready for ranked. I want ranked. I'm tired of SR. I DESPISE what they did to 3v3. Dominion is all I got left and I still end up having to play SR to get my rewards.

Nerdock

10-05-2013

bump