Riot, Enough is Enough. Myself & The Community Want Answers.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blizzmaster

03-22-2013

I stand behind this thread 100%. It doesn't belong in the Dominion forum, it belongs here, in General Discussion where it will be seen by as many people as possible. Dominion has been ignored for far too long by Riot Games.

I love the support it gets from its dedicated fans and the DominateDominion website, and I would love to see the same support from the people who made the game. I've had the chance to watch some tournaments, and it's a lot of fun to see how organized teams play the game compared to what you see in the solo queue.

I want to know what's going on with Dominion, Riot. Am I ever going to have the chance to measure my skills against other players in a Ranked Dominion queue?

Scorpia

03-22-2013

Bump.

Bu Gao Xing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

03-22-2013

Don't play many dom matches, but I often tune in to watch the Dominate Dominion matches with l3ird. It's amazing to see how this game style has progressed from the first few days of "Let's all pick bruisers or global ults!" to actual team setups, micro-management of the points to keep that 3-2 advantage.. and the addition of items to stop the god mode of champions like Teemo and... oh just Teemo. Here is how I see things between the maps though, and this is being very blunt..

Summoner's Rift is the main map, the map Riot is pushing out to the masses through eSports. As a result of this, Riot has all but abandoned the Twisted Treeline map, only seeing a major face lift and that patch towards removing the speed shrine. Crystal Scar took it even worse, as it's far less like Summoner's Rift than Twisted Treeline, and the only changes it has seen recently was the item changes that TT got as well. Then there's the "new" Howling Abyss (aram), which, with the game mode being so popular a form of play for streamers to play with their viewers in a less competitive style.. got this major lore overhaul while they also do the Sejuani kit and lead into Lissandra. Out of the four game modes, SR will always have Riot's full attention and the other three are doomed to see only changes in severe bugs and item imbalances. This is all fully my opinion, and the things I have noticed from how Riot are progressing. If I am wrong I will happily exclaim so, but there isn't any real evidence to support otherwise at the moment.

mi ramfan

03-22-2013

I would play Ranked Dominion but never normals. Kassadin is too stupid and I played like 100 dominion games when it released and I was level 16, so my dominion elo is low enough for me to have an afk every game.

I agree that you have been mistreated by Riot. At least give Dominion an arranged teams ranked even of you want to stay away from solo queue. FFS you built the switch, it's time to flip it!

If this thread doesn't work out your best option may be to pull a John Galt and take as many dominion players as you can to Smite's arena mode. When Riot realizes how many hardcore dominion players there actually are they will give you ranked dominion in a heartbeat to keep he RP flowing.

EDIT: you can also repost this thread or a link to it if they move it to the Dominion forums.

DivineBovine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2013

Also, to add.

Riot, Dominion is one of your babies. You birthed it! Nurture it! Give it some love. Give TT some love to.

Don't let your babies starve.

VoidInsanity

03-22-2013

EUWest Dominion Community no Longer plays dominion, it is that bad. I Wrote a rather long topic about about it in disguise (since dominion topics get moved out of general instantly) but only one person in that topic took the subtle hint.

The Story of the Downfall of Dominion on EUWest that I wrote can be found here. I find it rather insulting that Dominion is ignored yet ARAM is getting its own bloody queue.

Bu Gao Xing

Master Recruiter

03-22-2013

Bump in hopes for Riot Rival.

BeeNinja

03-22-2013

Riot develops what the majority of the community plays.

mi ramfan

03-22-2013

bump

Viktorious Alekt

03-22-2013

Riot pls