Taric nerfed too hard

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Macintosh3D

03-22-2013

Support taric

His w provides armor aura to allies right? So its 12% of his armor to allies. Well assuming if you take no runes, masteries and build no armor at lv 18 he has 104 armor, meaning 12.6 goes to allies. Even sona can provide more armor than that with aria of perseverance persistant aura. Soraka can provide 16 magic resist to ally champions at lv 1 with passive, Taric can't even beat that number by lv 18. Taric's ult gives bonus attack and ability power to allies at lv 16 for 35. Lulu's whimsy can give 60 ap when maxed, even though its only 6 secs it has less cd than Taric's ult. Lulu q also outdamages Taric's w, has a amazing 80% slow and scales better into late game than Taric's w.

Jungle taric

Taric is extremely mana dependent and really needs first blue and is one of the most blue dependent junglers. His ganks are average and his jungle clear times are average too. He also has no reliable escape except maybe dazzle, making counterjungling him very easy.

Top Taric

Taric top is not bad, e to safely farm, q to sustain, but again remember he is mana hungry.

Check out my poll about Taric nerfs too, its pretty close http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3238151

reavemearone

03-22-2013

yea I loved playing support with him before the nerf. But now since everything got nerfed I have a hard time playing him since I like to go super aggressive. And since I am a support getting gold isn't all that easy, so trying to build enough armor to give that aura is hard

reavemearone

03-22-2013

basically Orianna would make a better support then taric in my mind

Marthian

03-22-2013

It's kind of a given to build armor on taric.

From what I've seen and heard, he was just flat out better than any other supports: A good heal, a nasty harass, and good auras...

Even with the nerf, there is still no shortage of gem-shaped bruises on adcs everywhere.

Feleas

03-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macintosh3D View Post
Support taric

His w provides armor aura to allies right? So its 12% of his armor to allies. Well assuming if you take no runes, masteries and build no armor at lv 18 he has 104 armor, meaning 12.6 goes to allies. Even sona can provide more armor than that with aria of perseverance persistant aura. Soraka can provide 16 magic resist to ally champions at lv 1 with passive, Taric can't even beat that number by lv 18. Taric's ult gives bonus attack and ability power to allies at lv 16 for 35. Lulu's whimsy can give 60 ap when maxed, even though its only 6 secs it has less cd than Taric's ult. Lulu q also outdamages Taric's w, has a amazing 80% slow and scales better into late game than Taric's w.

Jungle taric

Taric is extremely mana dependent and really needs first blue and is one of the most blue dependent junglers. His ganks are average and his jungle clear times are average too. He also has no reliable escape except maybe dazzle, making counterjungling him very easy.

Top Taric

Taric top is not bad, e to safely farm, q to sustain, but again remember he is mana hungry.

Check out my poll about Taric nerfs too, its pretty close http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3238151
I'm just gonna go about the Taric W "nerf." It was weakened for early-mid game only. Late game you're giving your ally more armour than the old flat armour you used to give.

Example: My taric build has 275 armour at endgame (which happens often as supports build quick), this gives allies 33 armour. That's 3 more than what the flat rate of 30 armour to allies at 5 ranks into W. The end.

Best Karma Ionia

03-23-2013

You people are mad about a passive buff? The ****. When I go against Taric as Karma all I think is "Stun stun stun stun OH **** I SEE IT COMI----" *you have been slain*>

If they nerfed the stun duration, I could understand. This is what made him THE #1 PLAYED SUPPORT WITH A CONSISTENT WIN RATE. Spam dazzle all day and all night and so long as it was well timed, you won your lane. Even blitz couldn't do your job as well. Sure he has a combo and silence but so what. Your stun is a lock on ability. If he grabs you by mistake, stun the ADC if he's in range and you just fed your ADC 2 kills.

But the armor. THE ARMOR?

Barcster

03-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homocastle View Post
You people are mad about a passive buff? The ****. When I go against Taric as Karma all I think is "Stun stun stun stun OH **** I SEE IT COMI----" *you have been slain*>

If they nerfed the stun duration, I could understand. This is what made him THE #1 PLAYED SUPPORT WITH A CONSISTENT WIN RATE. Spam dazzle all day and all night and so long as it was well timed, you won your lane. Even blitz couldn't do your job as well. Sure he has a combo and silence but so what. Your stun is a lock on ability. If he grabs you by mistake, stun the ADC if he's in range and you just fed your ADC 2 kills.

But the armor. THE ARMOR?
It takes a crazy amount of armor to get that. You need over 250 armor to get that and that's at least 150 armor you have to get elsewhere beyond leveling which is 3300 gold worth of armor at minimum you won't get that till fairly late in the game. They nerfed the point of W having alot of armor for damage it now 1/3 less scale on the most recent changes. Yes you could get more aura late game buy building nothing but armor but that's not realistic at all and you now have to wait till very late game to even start seeing benefits. Unless you are focusing on it taric's aura is maybe 14 armor if you are lucky so not even taking into account the benefit it provided to allies he now has at least 16 less armor and that's at high levels the low levels are even more of a joke. They just nerfed the heck out of the stun duration which is ridiculous its worse till rank 4 which at that point doesn't matter anymore.

Masuhara

03-23-2013

stop crying about the much needed taric nerfs.

he is still a good pick.

all that changed is now its possible for taric to die in lane if u want to play aggressive, kinda like ohhhhh every other support. and also now u actually have to be mindfull of what skill you want to max first = a trade off..... kinda like every other support.

HearshotKDS

03-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feleas View Post
I'm just gonna go about the Taric W "nerf." It was weakened for early-mid game only. Late game you're giving your ally more armour than the old flat armour you used to give.

Example: My taric build has 275 armour at endgame (which happens often as supports build quick), this gives allies 33 armour. That's 3 more than what the flat rate of 30 armour to allies at 5 ranks into W. The end.
What is this I don't even?!?!? I don't know where to begin on the fail in this post. 275 armor on Taric? Supports get end game builds quick? OFTEN!? End-game buff?

That said:,the nerf is fine, necessary even; because giving your carry a free 150% Graves passive was not balanced, and we all saw Taric in almost every single game because of it.

If you want to complain, complain about the upcoming nerfs to his stun. Those are the one's that are going to hurt him.

Barcster

03-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HearshotKDS View Post
What is this I don't even?!?!? I don't know where to begin on the fail in this post. 275 armor on Taric? Supports get end game builds quick? OFTEN!? End-game buff?

That said:,the nerf is fine, necessary even; because giving your carry a free 150% Graves passive was not balanced, and we all saw Taric in almost every single game because of it.

If you want to complain, complain about the upcoming nerfs to his stun. Those are the one's that are going to hurt him.
Oh so people are talking about taric like he was last patch. Ah that's why they don't realize how bad he is now. And yes I'm talking about the most recent patch that nerfed his W again in terms of damage and his stun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masuhara View Post
stop crying about the much needed taric nerfs.

he is still a good pick.

all that changed is now its possible for taric to die in lane if u want to play aggressive, kinda like ohhhhh every other support. and also now u actually have to be mindfull of what skill you want to max first = a trade off..... kinda like every other support.
You are talking about the very most recent nerf? Its not a choice at all his stun is just terrible now its like enemies have 21 tenacity that reduces by 7 tenacity every rank of dazzle not including the first rank. even when you max it first its still a terrible skill that's not a choice its just a massive nerf. I've tried maxing it first even. Its just significantly worse now to the point enemies don't need to care you are even in lane because now its a bad stun and you just gave up survivability and any possible damage you could do for the bad stun duration. If they really want it to be a choice then they need more testing because right now its like giving opponents a free merc treads that slightly wears off as you rank dazzle. There was a reason nobody ranked it more than level 1 before the skill was just junk beyond the first rank and then they made it worse. They must not have play tested this well because I have even less reason to rank dazzle now because it requires 4 ranks to get to its original duration that's just terrible that means even if all you did was get dazzle its nerfed till after people get ults and it gets the slimest of benefits that you have to be at least level 8 while ignoring your other skills to get. That is not a choice that's just a big nerf for not maxing it first.