Ranked question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thediddleh

03-22-2013

I've been doing fairly well in ranked recently, i started in bronze 1 and have since moved to silver 3 in about a week, as soon as i hit silver 3 though i had a massive losing streak, about 7 games. I fully expected my mmr to have plateaued in these games but in my 8th game i actually won and got a surprising 27 points for it, does this mean im still expected to be a lot higher then silver 3?

I'm just basically trying to hit gold, thats my goal, i jungle sejuani most games cause i feel i have the most influence over the outcome of the game that way. If anyone decent is keen for duo queue just add me.

Cavo

03-22-2013

If you rose pretty steadily and then hit a wall it may mean that you've reach roughly the area you belong in for now. If you're still getting 27 points for a win then your mmr is still a bit higher so you've got some time to still make fast progress. Once you balance out at an even gain/loss of LP you'll know ur right about at your mmr.

Thediddleh

03-22-2013

When its an even gain/loss is it a lot both ways? or just like 5-10 each way. Cause im 56 points into silver 3 and getting 26 points per win. havent lost yet so i cant tell how much id lose

Cavo

03-22-2013

It depends, but I believe that (assuming your gain/loss is even) it will lower over time. You've played 51 games in solo q so far, so if your gains/losses evened out you might be at +-20 LP. If you've played like 300 ranked games, the system will give you much less dramatic gains and losses because it assumes you're where you belong, so you may see +-10 LP when your even later on. I'm still winning about 25-27 LP per game, but when I lose it's anywhere from 16-22. So your losses will still be heavy, just not compared to your wins yet.