Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Should Karma's W be allowed to be cast on allies?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drpringles

03-22-2013

Funny how she's all about leading others to victory and being the voice of Ionia, yet she selfishly only heals herself. Hmmm...And, I do like your suggestion. I don't think it would make her incredibly powerful in the sustain department because a) It's a healing over time so it's susceptible to being out bursted by enemies, and 2) The heal amount is comparable to other sustainers and with the disadvantage of not having complimentary effects (Soraka's high armor bonus, Sona's passive armor/MR bonus, Nid's attack speed...etc).

The Mantra effect is also very welcome as it lets her heal herself...and is also forgiving in the sense that the duration of the tether is relatively short (less susceptible to allies breaking out of the tether like the old Spirit Bond was).

Ionian StarChild

03-22-2013

I'd rather just give it a heal if it was attached to an ally. That's all that's missing from her old kit. She already has a good speed boost and slow.

Dunal

03-22-2013

Quote:
Drpringles:
Funny how she's all about leading others to victory and being the voice of Ionia, yet she selfishly only heals herself. Hmmm...And, I do like your suggestion. I don't think it would make her incredibly powerful in the sustain department because a) It's a healing over time so it's susceptible to being out bursted by enemies, and 2) The heal amount is comparable to other sustainers and with the disadvantage of not having complimentary effects (Soraka's high armor bonus, Sona's passive armor/MR bonus, Nid's attack speed...etc).

Not to mention that the tether can be broken still.

I would think it should have a secondary effect. You do need to sacrifice mana and cooldowns to use -- so a lower heal in favor of another effect would make it ideal in combat situations than passive sustain.

Drpringles

03-23-2013

Quote:
Dunal:
Not to mention that the tether can be broken still.

I would think it should have a secondary effect. You do need to sacrifice mana and cooldowns to use -- so a lower heal in favor of another effect would make it ideal in combat situations than passive sustain.

Right, I completely misread the part where you mentioned W removing slows from allies. I think this would make Karma a lot more enjoyable because you now have more choices on what to do in a teamfight. You can either save your W offensively to root a key target or use your W defensively to heal an ally over time and yourself. I like this...I can already see the interesting decisions that Karma players will be able to make with this change.

XilithTVyn

03-23-2013

I was planning on posting something like this today..

I like the new Q, the shield is fine, and Mantra/Passive mechanic, but I just can't get into the new W except to make landing Q2 easier, or as a heal combo with shield when tower dove. I was thinking remove the speedup from E and put it back on the W, where it would speed up both Karma and an ally, but only if she had an ally to target. Maybe the ally heal portion should only be on mantra if the speedup is moved.

Frankly, I'd be ok with putting the snare from Q onto W as well, which is closer to original Karma, but I don't feel too strong about that either way. It may be too strong with root and snare though, since they'd have trouble ever breaking the link if it had a small snare component.

My overall suggestions:

Q - remove snare
W - Add snare, remove root, allow cast on ally = speedup + hot. Mantra W on enemy = more dmg, root after 2s. Mantra W on ally = more hot + cleanse effect
E - remove speedup
R - as-is