Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Should Karma's W be allowed to be cast on allies?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dunal

03-22-2013

Providing a very light HoT (overall close to strength of her old base heal -- not much) and then removing slows/snares at the end of its duration (The opposite of enemy champions). Not stuns though.

If mantra'd, the healing would dramatically increase and the ally gains increased attack speed or something (Or AD/AP).

Would make her an awesome 0CS support and give her back her heal, as well as making W a more interesting ability.

Thoughts? Would really make Karma feel more like old Karma as well. And add a choice to using the W. AND also make leveling W feel good.

-----

The suggestion

Enemy: Links Karma to target enemy champion, revealing them a dealing 60/110/160/210/260 (+60%) magic damage over 2 seconds, rooting them in place for 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2.0 seconds if the link is not broken.

Ally: Links Karma to target ally champion, removing slows and healing them for 50/90/130/170/210 (+50%) health over 2 seconds.

Mantra Bonus - Renewal: Focused Resolve deals 75/150/225/300 (+60%) additional damage or healing and also heals Karma over the duration for the same amount.

JesterTBP

03-22-2013

I did notice that her W was lacking that awesome ally availability. Even a play on her original ability could be nice...that speed boost was awesome. Removing snares and healing over time would be a bit much imo. "Supporters" typically have a shield or a heal. (The obvious exception being Janna's Ultimate; and to some extend, Lulu's...but it's an Ultimate.)

The thing I loved about Karma was the versatility of her kit. Every ability could be used offensively, defensively, or both.

Maybe they thought it would make her too powerful with all the utility she already brings now.

Cerxi

03-22-2013

I would really love that. Clotheslining with an ally was my favourite use of her old tether, and while I know I'll never have that back, I'd love for it to be at least a LITTLE support-viable.

Dunal

03-22-2013

Quote:
Cerxi:
I would really love that. Clotheslining with an ally was my favourite use of her old tether, and while I know I'll never have that back, I'd love for it to be at least a LITTLE support-viable.

Yeah, It's just having more options for the most part. Leveling W as support would feel 'right' as well. And retaining her old feel.

Badruk

03-22-2013

I think that with some small adjustments (lowering the damage/upping the cooldown) adding a heal to her chain would be great. (at max level it could be like 250 (+50% AP) over 2 seconds or somewhere around there).

It would perfectly divide her base kit between her mage and support aspects. (Q is more mage oriented, E is more support oriented, and with this change W would be able to be both depending on how you use it) in addition to make it more appealing to level up (considering the slow on Q doesn't scale anymore, so I imagine support Karma would max it last)

I do however think that it would have to only be a heal for balance purposes, with mantra only increasing the heal and damage and granting Karma a heal

Best Karma Ionia

03-22-2013

Maybe have it heal like 30/50/90/120/150 with .2 up to .4 scaling

Alenym Lardio

03-22-2013

Maybe something like doubling the cooldown if used on a ally? It'd limit the sustain and give her a heal without turning Karmid into an unstoppable force...

Drpringles

03-22-2013

I definitely agree with this change and the points mentioned in this thread! This is a much needed change and it would go a long way into making Karma a more viable support pick as well (right now, she has far too few options to adequately support her team...). Give the players more choices in how we want to play Karma! It'd be wonderful since mage players can still use W offensively to root enemies whereas support players can combo W and E to assist their allies. Riot pls!

Bedwilly Sanchez

03-22-2013

I agree something needs to be done with W. It seems to be the only ability that is out of place. I love the heal and snare, but it seems too simplistic. It can't work on minions or allies, both of which feel strange.

Dunal

03-22-2013

How about this?:

Enemy: Links Karma to target enemy champion, revealing them a dealing 60/110/160/210/260 (+60%) magic damage over 2 seconds, rooting them in place for 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2.0 seconds if the link is not broken.

Ally: Links Karma to target ally champion, removing slows and healing them for 50/90/130/170/210 (+50%) health over 2 seconds.

Mantra Bonus - Renewal: Focused Resolve deals 75/150/225/300 (+60%) additional damage or healing and also heals Karma over the duration for the same amount.