Matchmaking is gimped

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fearagorn

03-22-2013

I don't know if anyone will read this at all. Well anyone at Riot at least. I am lvling my division rank. I am currently in silver 3. I know how ranked match can be frustrating at times. I am not writing this out of hanger. But pls explain to me, what is the point of having divisions, and trying to climb them up, if i get paired with BRONZE 4-5 players? In a group of 4 silver player, its almost sure at a 100% that this bronze player will THROW THE DAMN GAME on us. Happened to me everytime. I am not talking about a smurf here. I'm talking about a legitimate bronze noob. What is the point of having division if you get paired with people lower then your division? I'd love an explanation...I think that with all the millions of players, theres enough of them not to be paired with player lower then your division. Thanks.

Doobie1

03-22-2013

You do not get paired by division, you get paired by your MATCH MAKING RANK, which is unseen by us. Your MMR, basically your old ELO, determines who you get paired with by matching closely with who else queues when you do. Your tier has nothing to do with it at all. All your tier does is prove you belong where your ELO sits on average.

Cavo