Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

League points so broken

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riblet21

03-22-2013

First of all my w/l is 33/21 so there is no way my hidden elo is that low....But, I am in silver 1 trying to just get to the promotion round, and every time I win a game above 90 i get 1 point (2 if I'm extremely lucky). But whenever I lose, I lose 5-8 points. Most recently I got up to 98 points after a long time grinding, and I ended up losing the next game only to drop down to 81 points.

A 17 point drop.

Seriously riot.

Sorator

03-22-2013

Well, clearly the matchmaking system thinks you're in the right place, or even went a bit too high. (Also, getting from bronze I to silver V, silver I to gold V, etc. is always somewhat like this, it's intentionally much more difficult than ranking up from, say, silver V to silver IV, because the system tries to avoid demoting tiers as much as possible.)

Note that, in regards to win ratio, once you're in your "sweet spot", you'll be winning about 50% of your games from then onwards - your past wins and losses will skew that ratio, because lots of those games were from before you hit that "sweet spot" and were played against less skilled opponents. Total win/loss ratio can therefore be a bit misleading.

Riblet21

03-22-2013

But 17 points? I started out in silver II, so I haven't even climbed that much. I have played at least 20 of those games in the 90s, going up one point per win then dropping down to 92 from 98, and having to work back up again 1 win at a time. I don't know why I got this random 17 point drop, though.

ArCblizz

03-22-2013

The system is simply broken, but RIOT and all of the there fanboys refuse to admit it. MMR only works if it is reset continuously, this is a game where you get better and better. MMR does not recognize that unless you play insane amounts of games. stop defending a terrible system please.