Is Galio still Viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yasuri Kuro

03-22-2013

Considering I main supports and well, done doing that in Solo Q I wanna play a versatile champ I can go on any lane with so.. thoughts?

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2013

He can work as an AOE poke mage with less damage but more CC than Xerath.

His laning is almost entirely about poking, so go for it if you like that kind of game-play.

Dark Nephthys

03-23-2013

Galio suppport really isn't to good, all he offers is a shield (although a powerful shield) and a wind that speeds up allies. I'm not saying that support galio won't work, because it can and I've seen it work but Galio is more of a AP Mid Shut down.

Galio when mid can just build straight up MR and get a lot of AP from it and can sit there taking little damage and dealing lots of damage to the person your facing mid lane. I've done Galio mid a lot and their were times that my Lanning opponent had to switch with some one else because they couldn't kill me. But yea Galio is more of a Mid champion then a support mainly due to his Passive allowing him to build against countering the opponent and still having some nice AP to deal good damage.

However, after the lanning phase is over and it's now at the Team fights...No matter which lane you went your still doing the same thing, Shield Yourself > Flash into the team > Ult > Win Team fight

Luninareph

03-23-2013

I used to play him solo-top, though that was before S3 and may not be as viable now. With some health and one strong armor item, he's pretty immovable, and he's got great AOE at great range to help control his lane. He doesn't usually kill his lane opponent, but he pretty inevitably outfarms them and turns into a nasty team supporting-tank with great AOE damage and a taunt by the endgame.

AWildRaticate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-23-2013

Galio and Rammus are both tanks that are centered around building resistances and both got a huge indirect nerf from season 3 changes. Since HP is stronger than armor/MR now, these two have both taken a big hit. If you aren't already well versed in playing Galio, now is not the time to try to pick him up, you'll just end up getting frustrated with how lacking he can be. In the right team his ult can still be very strong, but he just doesn't fit the meta anymore and requires a massive amount of team coordination.

Zeusaldor

03-23-2013

Galio is a very good champ and still viable specially vs non tanky burst dmg champs

Erronius

03-23-2013

Galio has NEVER EVER EVEN ONE TIME been a viable and competitive support pick, he's an incredibly mana hungry mage-tank/tanky burst caster that's a phenomenal counter pick to a very select number of AP mid's. He also can hold his own against a good number of solo top champions... But good lord... He's not a support.