Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Comic Contest Voting is Now

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pulsative

03-27-2013

I'd say this one is the best one: http://i.imgur.com/lgSD6tKh.jpg
I think this fits Kennen :P

Also I decided to read some of the entries that got a lot of downvotes. I got a laugh out of them too, but not because they were good. I'll leave it at that.

HypirionForge

03-27-2013

I think there should definitely be a burgot skin. That was an epic idea.

Also, the Diamonds for Brewskis one had me in stitches-that was great.

MrSpaz

03-27-2013

Some overall feedback of the site: I think it should be revamped a little such that the front page is more like a summary, and a lot of information currently on it should move to detail pages or pop-ups.

If you made the thumbnails a little bigger, but removed the rest of the content around them, then made it a grid, you'd fit a ton -- a TON -- more entries on one page, reducing scrolling. When we hover the mouse over a thumbnail, you can zoom it out a little more, and have a tooltip-style popup with title and submitter, then if you click on the thumbnail you get a detail page with the full comic, comments, votes, etc.

Right now there's just so much wasted space that I can't justify having to scroll as much as we do!

The Cobbly

03-27-2013

Quote:
Serkaidemor:
Seriously, I look at the winner and I'm like... WHY THE HELL IS THIS WINNING. And meanwhile this genius piece had 10 votes.

It is winning because it deserves to, I feel, and so do enough other voters, apparently. I can honestly say that I don't mind losing to that one wholeheartedly (maybe not so much the Diamonds For Brewskis one, but, hey, there's no accounting for taste) and upvoted it myself. The comic is family-friendly, has a funny joke that involves in-game mechanics without being too in-jokey as to be exclusive, makes great use of the panel economy, and has very pretty art.

The other comic was a noble effort, but honestly, how many people of the age group that plays League of Legends know the Asterix and Obelix reference? How many are artists or comic enthusiasts who paid attention to this contest? How many would even find that enough to make the comic funny? I upvoted it for the technical aspects-- but no more. I blame no one for passing it by.

Fredgerd

03-27-2013

how do I vote, I'm confused

The Cobbly

03-28-2013

Quote:
Sheogowrath:
how the blazes do I vote?

how do I vote, I'm confused

It's over, guize.

Alex3omg

03-28-2013

"As a final gift to everyone that submitted an approved entry, we’ll be crediting your account with a 4-win IP boost as well!"

Thanks for this, Red people, I really appreciate that you decided to do something for everyone. It's clear you see a lot of the flaws the contest had and hopefully with the new (and improved) system you'll be able to have contests way more often, since it might be easier to organise. I know a lot of people want a writing contest, and more art etc so hopefully that sort of thing can be done (I can't write but I can read!)

I like the idea of non-tangible consolation prizes, and hopefully if you can offer RP/IP/etc that'll give you even more ability to run more of these things..

Alex3omg

04-26-2013

So did the 4-win ip boosts ever go out?

I just got one but I saw in another post it was from something else. I got one right around the contest but there was something else then too, my friends all got one so..

Just wanted to see if I'm crazy, I guess.