New Summoner spell?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mulvone

03-22-2013

So far, there is a summoner spell that either slows, heals, mini low health nuke, reveals, shields, lowers resistances, mana heal, speed boost, blink, revive, and minion/monster nuke.

And i was thinking that maybe we could use a new one to add to the mix.

A 0.5/0.75/1/1.5 second stun or maybe just a capped 0.5 second stun over all ability.

This could be OP and probably is, i was just thinking maybe a new summoner spell would allow players to have a mini stun for when you need it most.

Thoughts and feedback would be appreciated.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2013

Hard CC should never be in a summoner spell: even champions who Exhaust counters have more counterplay options than they would with a stun.

Also, this would needlessly harm channel champions

OdiIon

03-22-2013

Anyone else but me, DYING to get a new low CD, skill shot summoner spell similar to Clairvoyance?

CerealBoxOfDoom

03-22-2013

oh look darius has a sion stun now...

Voluug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
oh look darius has a sion stun now...
Oh, good news (everyone)! Akali has now a Sion Stun!

Dthehunter

03-22-2013

They just need to improve the other spells to make them more viable. When was the last time you saw someone running clairvoyance? Clarity? Revive?

CerealBoxOfDoom

03-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voluug View Post
Oh, good news (everyone)! Akali has now a Sion Stun!
Oh look, sion now has a second sion stun xD

Nukes86

03-22-2013

I wouldn't mind more options, but I'm already scared just thinking about certain champs if a stun were to be added to their arsenal... Also, as mentioned above, this would completely destroy channeling ults, making them basically impossible to use. Some other options would be nice, though

I was thinking, since we have Flash and Ghost, which are basically two ways to either initiate or disengage, we could also grab more options for Heal . We could have something like, instead of an instant AoE heal, a Regeneration spell that dramatically increases HP regen for 10 seconds or so. This would be a nice option for Tanks, it would be useless for Mages or Assasins since most of them die in a heartbeat if focused, but it would be actually pretty awesome for tanky champs. I don't even play tanks, but I doubt this would be OP, considering it could be easily countered by Ignite and the utility is there... I can totally see tanks backdooring using this spell to counter turret damage and destroy them without minion waves.

Another option would be a summoner spell that would increase the target's cooldowns by a large amount, but only for a few seconds. It would be an interesting option to get instead of Exhaust, you'd use this on AP carries with a lot of CDR.

Galgus

03-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dthehunter View Post
They just need to improve the other spells to make them more viable. When was the last time you saw someone running clairvoyance? Clarity? Revive?
Clairvoyance may just be undervalued, or perhaps players don't care about where the Jungler is beyond warding their lanes nowadays.

I had an old thread suggesting changes to make Clarity a useful spell for all champions if you want to take a look:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...+rework+useful

Basically, it would reduce the CD on all CDing abilities by two seconds and restore some Energy and Fury for champions that use it.

Dark Nephthys

03-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dthehunter View Post
Actually I at time use Clarity and Clairvoyance on Janna and then use Eleisa's Miracle but that really depends on the situation honestly and I only do it some times.

But yea we could use another Summoner Spell or have the other ones improved, it's a little tiring to see the same summoner spells (Flash, Exhaust, Ignite and some times Ghost) I think the other summoner spells needs to be improved.

I also like the HP Regen Buff that was suggested.