Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Udyr now dashes?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Balfourthejedi

03-22-2013

Quote:
Koechophe:
Xyph, can you guys possibly discuss why turtle lost it's mana regen?

my guess is that being able to crit for massive health is ok (nasus) but being able to crit for massive mana chunks just is over the top. jungle udyr without blue is now a little ****ed. however i had been experimenting with an early tear on udyr so i could give up my blue to mid early on. now i have more of a reason. muramana udyr inc XD

4thEDITION

03-22-2013

While I'm not completely disagreeing with the changes, it seems a *little* over-the-top considering how effectively Diamondprox used Udyr in the last two games of the MLG. His build (Spirit of Ancient Golem + Swiftness Boots) was amazing, innovative, and Udyr looks to see a LOT of play in the future should these changes take place. Or maybe Diamond is just obsessed with animals...

Koechophe

03-22-2013

Quote:
Balfourthejedi:
my guess is that being able to crit for massive health is ok (nasus) but being able to crit for massive mana chunks just is over the top. jungle udyr without blue is now a little ****ed. however i had been experimenting with an early tear on udyr so i could give up my blue to mid early on. now i have more of a reason. muramana udyr inc XD

Easy enough to fix:

"Udyr recovers mana equal to 1-6% of his max ad on hit"

Krshna

03-22-2013

Quote:
Xypherous:
It's a little bit of tuning that we've been adding to some auto-attack enhancers where it makes sense - Garen's 'Q' has a similar mechanic when opponents are running from him, for example.

Basically, while Bear Stance's movement speed is up, Udyr will track his opponent's movement during his autoattack. This is a similar mechanic to how Garen's Decisive Strike works currently, in that during the autoattack animation his empowered strike, he will track his opponent's movements.

The net result of this is that if the opponent is moving, you are mostly guaranteed to be in autoattack range after your autoattack - in contrast to the stutter attack / step that basic attacks follow. It doesn't give Udyr any additional range or gap closing presence - but it means that if Udyr has caught up to you - he is now guaranteed to stick on you for at least one or two more autoattacks.

Would it be unreasonable for the mini-dash to happen every time the stun procs? It feels inconsistent and unreliable that it only goes off when the movement speed portion is active. It feels like you should get the dash whenever the stun would proc.

Balfourthejedi

03-22-2013

Quote:
Koechophe:
Easy enough to fix:

"Udyr recovers mana equal to 1-6% of his max ad on hit"

that would make me very happy. or even a thing in the tooltip that says, mana gain is off of base dmg only or something

silenthunt

03-22-2013

Quote:
Xypherous:
It's a little bit of tuning that we've been adding to some auto-attack enhancers where it makes sense - Garen's 'Q' has a similar mechanic when opponents are running from him, for example...

PLEASE make sure that you do the same thing for Trundle. Phreak said in Trundle's champion spotlight that this is how his Q is supposed to work, because the animation looks like it moves Trundle forwards towards his target a little bit, but in reality that's not really how it works at all, and combined with the clunky animation it becomes a huge hinderance in chasing. It just looks like Trundle moves forward a little.

Snailed

03-22-2013

Quote:
Balfourthejedi:

Maybe the Iceborn Gauntlet with BoTRK build?

Super Explosion

03-22-2013

Quote:
Xypherous:
look like he's swinging at air sometimes.

He actually creates highly pressurized shockwaves with his hand motions.

Fishing Boat

Recruiter

03-23-2013

Quote:
Xypherous:
Hm. Thanks for the report - I'll take a look at it. There shouldn't be an AA range enhancer from what I'm aware of.

Udyr does have one of the weirdest models when we standardized autoattack ranges - his autoattack range is actually enormous relative to what it intuitively looks like on his model - to the extent that often, at max autoattack range, you can very easily get it to look like he's swinging at air sometimes.

I am a huge not-fan of him losing his mana regen. On top of Udyr being such an easily kited character to the point of being underpowered as a whole, he NEEDS mana ALL THE TIME. It's completely necessary in the jungle, as long as he doesn't take every blue buff. In point of fact, I don't see a reason to remove it. As a champ that's hard to play with his kitability, one of his strong suits is being able to sustain himself well while in the jungle, and come out with the ability to use his skills since he's got mana. This change nerfs that, and that's part of what I love. I know you're iterating changes, but this is weird.

Titiln

03-23-2013

Quote:
Xypherous:
Hm. Thanks for the report - I'll take a look at it. There shouldn't be an AA range enhancer from what I'm aware of.

Udyr does have one of the weirdest models when we standardized autoattack ranges - his autoattack range is actually enormous relative to what it intuitively looks like on his model - to the extent that often, at max autoattack range, you can very easily get it to look like he's swinging at air sometimes.

so rework him, he has like 14 polygons