Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot, please fix Silver 1 Tier

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slugabed

03-22-2013

Being a veteran player, starting even before preseason 1, I was never really into ranked games. Reason being, I wanted to have fun and play with some friends in normal. As season 2 came by, I played very few ranked games. Lastly, in season 3, I decided to give the new ranked system a shot. I enjoyed it up until I got to silver 1, the gains from each win do not nearly come close to the amount of losses it takes just to get rid of all the hard work.

I understand that this is the large bridge that you want players to surpass in order from them to improve, however it is nearly impossible. I can see that you don't want people with streaky wins to get straight to gold with just a few games as I witnessed with a few people prior to preseason 3. How come gains are increased once they advance from silver to gold? Shouldn't it become more difficult and take much more time to achieve higher ranks? The only thing that has shifted is that now more gold players are able to reach platinum status more than the previous two seasons.

What I'm really trying to argue is the LP gains when trying to earn a promotion in silver 1, it took me 4 straight wins in a row to get from 91 to 97, only to see it drop drastically by 19 from 1 loss. It's starting to get ridiculous with the amount of time and effort I have to put in just to get close to a promo and still not achieve it. Especially with all the trolls running around ruining my chances and my gaming experience. I began playing LoL because it was fun and entertaining, I know it's impossible to stop trolls, however decent players are suffering far too much and are penalized drastically for just wanting to play properly.

So please Riot, could you just look over the silver 1 tier division gains and the path to its promo series? I eventually started to gain 1LP after all my effort and it just feels as if the game is not rewarding me in any possible way.

PikaRioCed

03-22-2013

Since ranking up a tier is permanent (barring loss from not playing) it has to be extremely hard or everyone would eventually "get lucky" and wash up all the way to Challenger.

DiscOH

03-22-2013

bring back elo imo.

Cavo

03-22-2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLoK6rCBcF0