Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Keep Traditiona Karma's current coat/tabard?

Yes 90 56.6%
Neutral 23 14.47%
No 46 28.93%
Voters 159 .

@Riot: keep traditional karma's current skin the same.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThermoFusion

03-22-2013

I'm in favor of just fixing any animations issues with the dress on the traditional skin, and differentiating it more from the Sakura skin. I makes sense that both those skins should be full dresses, but it's best if there not the exact same...

CrazyMLC

03-22-2013

The dress animations do look a little clunky, but I like the idea of Traditional Karma having a dress. Maybe they could just put a little extra work into polishing the walking animations with the dress.

HarryOrunitia

03-22-2013

The coat version looks much more polished and detailed. The full dress version is supposed to be closer to the old Karma but the problem is it doesn't remind me of the old Karma at all. She just looks like a powerless woman in a very fancy, very tight bathrobe. The old Karma had other things going on with her design, she didn't need to be imposing and to have crazy animations in order to be noticed on the battlefield, but the new Karma really does.

It's a bastardization of an awesome design, and I think it's ridiculous that Karma fans are basically asking for a cheaper, tacked on version of a product just because "full dress = good". News flash, it isn't even a dress. It isn't even close to what old Karma used to wear, it's still a robe, and an incredibly weird looking one at that.

David12596

03-23-2013

I personally liked the old look better.

Vile Samael

03-23-2013

I imagine it would look much better once they've tweaked the animation a bit more. I would like to keep the first look, but if they can make the newer one look nicer I'd accept that. It can go either way with me, to be honest.

However can we just stop with the "New Karma is skanky" bs? Like, for real. She's not. Oh no one leg and her arms are exposed that's so scandalous. Even less so with her Traditional skin.

nvmvoidrays

03-23-2013

i'm glad to see opinions that go either way on this.

you already know my position.

for the curious, someone took still shots of traditional karma's new animations:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=642864&d=1364008975

Lord Gaga

03-23-2013

No way, the dress captures the feel of Original Karma (the whole point of the Traditional skin) much better than the cape version.

The animations aren't awkward at all either.

DarkHaitsu

03-23-2013

I really love the tabard/coat, it is much better

Revenant0

03-23-2013

I'll just leave my quote from the sakura karma kimono thread here.

Quote:
I can't speak for sun goddess Karma, but every skin has their highlights.

Sakura Karma was all about the geisha feel, that's why people were complaing about her lack of a dress. In a sence it's a "traditional skin" too.

The actual traditional skin is all about the color duality. Black and white. It does not need a dress to hit the point.

The previous version felt more dinamic, the duality was better portrayed. The dress version looks bad and also takes away the sakura Karma uniqueness.

Please don't make the traditional skin worse just for nostalgy.

nvmvoidrays

03-23-2013

Quote:
Revenant0:
I'll just leave my quote from the sakura karma kimono thread here.

sun goddess is actually my favorite skin, tbh, with the current long-dress traditional karma shtick going around.

if it gets changed back, traditional will be my favorite.