Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Keep Traditiona Karma's current coat/tabard?

Yes 90 56.6%
Neutral 23 14.47%
No 46 28.93%
Voters 159 .

@Riot: keep traditional karma's current skin the same.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cerxi

03-22-2013

Quote:
deynische:
For chrissakes, the original concept has PANTS on. Apparently PANTS are skanky >.>

Personally, I really like the aesthetics of the original one and feel it fits much better with the new attitude they are giving Karma.

Except that the Traditional Skin, having the old VO, has basically none of that new attitude?

Best Karma Ionia

03-22-2013

Quote:
deynische:
For chrissakes, the original concept has PANTS on. Apparently PANTS are skanky >.>

Personally, I really like the aesthetics of the original one and feel it fits much better with the new attitude they are giving Karma.

Exactly. But the point is it's her TRADITIONAL skin as an homage to the current live patch Karma. It's to address the overwhelming diehards they got when they released her update and her voice as well as outfits. They want to allow the diehards such as me something to reflect on. So what. Use the original or sun goddess skin. If you hate the dress so much, don't use her traditional skin.

Quote:
Cerxi:
Except that the Traditional Skin, having the old VO, has basically none of that new attitude?

So much this, as well.

nvmvoidrays

03-22-2013

Quote:
Homocastle:
NOOOO. Don't do this. I was thrilled beyond belief she got her dress back from being another dainty skank! If you want a tabard, go with her original skin god damnit!

What reason do you have besides "It's so pretty and I love her man thighs."

uh, what? how did she look like a "dainty skank"? her traditional skin kept her more or less flat-chested; her ONLY exposed skin was her head and hands. she's wearing boots and pants for christ sakes and a full-bodied tunic.

are you blind?

the reason i want her to keep her old traditional style?

Quote:
nvmvoidrays:
for anyone that's curious, the new traditional karma rework is on the PBE.

she has the exact same rigging and animations as sakura karma.

also, i wish i could edit my poll to make it clearer.

this is why.

they're just copy-pasting the sakura karma animations and rigging. these fit and work thematically for the kimono-esque design. they DON'T fit with the new traditional style. go on the PBE and look at her walking animation. it looks awkward. it feel strange.

if they completely redid the animations, the rigging and how she looked? sure, it could look fine.

right now - at this moment - traditional karma is a recolored sakura karma and it looks bad.

with the old traditional coat/tabard, each skin had their own themes and flair. it made each skin unique. now we have two recolors and the aztec flair of sun goddess.

Best Karma Ionia

03-22-2013

Quote:
nvmvoidrays:

they're just copy-pasting the sakura karma animations and rigging. these fit and work thematically for the kimono-esque design. they DON'T fit with the new traditional style. go on the PBE and look at her walking animation. it looks awkward. it feel strange.

if they completely redid the animations, the rigging and how she looked? sure, it could look fine.

right now - at this moment - traditional karma is a recolored sakura karma and it looks bad.

You seem to be under the assumption they didnt release the copy paste version as a trial balloon just to see how the community felt about the dress as it would be easier than remaking an entire kite and animation scheme and having to scrap it than just recoloring the dress and then updating it as it goes.

This did not once occur to you at all? They're obviously going to give her her own riggings in time.

Best Karma Ionia

03-22-2013

Cerxi

03-22-2013

Quote:
nvmvoidrays:
now we have two recolors

How can we have two recolours? One of them is clearly the original.

And, again, you're just assuming that they went "copy-paste now we're done", and that's absurd. If there's one thing we've seen with this rework, it's that Riot is working like crazy to make EVERYONE happy. The Traditional skin will, more than likely, see some further alteration. It will ASSUREDLY receive some new rigging. In its current state, no, it's not perfect. But it's better than it was when it started, and it'll continue that way.

With each new iteration, the skin evolves beyond what it was a minute ago. Little by little, she advances with each turn. That's how a drill works. That's how Team Karma rolls. Just who the hell do you think she is!?

Badruk

03-22-2013

I would prefer the dress for several reasons

1) The skin is meant to be a homage to old Karma, who had a dress in her base model, the dress, like the fans, is an extremely important part of the original Karma and who she was

2) I'm pretty sure they aren't the exact same animations, after playing with both I am pretty sure Traditional puts her leg much higher than Sakura in a few animations (her recall for example)

3) How could her dress be impractical if she was wearing a weird tabbard thing? IT MAKES NO SENSE

Best Karma Ionia

03-22-2013

Basically I hear. "Let's make her dress the same as her original but with black and white. Let's take away her old voice over. Let's make her the exact same.'

Cerxi

03-22-2013

Quote:
Homocastle:
Let's make her the exact same.

Did you called?

Dragonthyme

03-22-2013

I prefer the tabard, personally. It gives me this awesome sense of what's between Old Classic Karma and New Classic Karma, but I get what Ququroon is saying about traditional skins being meant to align with JUST the old Classic.

But I mostly agree with what everyone else is saying, about how the Sakura Karma rig doesn't really match. I think there's this disconnect with how a kimono is open, but bound shut, and Traditional's got a one-piece. The model looks strange to me where the dress opens.

Definitely open to changes, but the way it is now, I do prefer the tabard.