Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Keep Traditiona Karma's current coat/tabard?

Yes 90 56.6%
Neutral 23 14.47%
No 46 28.93%
Voters 159 .

@Riot: keep traditional karma's current skin the same.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nvmvoidrays

03-22-2013

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3239017&page=57

as per the linked topic, it looks like traditional karma in en route to get a dress similar to sakura karma.

i know i'm going to get downvoted into oblivion with this, but, please, can traditional karma keep her current coat/tabard setup?

assuming that the dress works the same as the sakura karma one, how the animation was done makes the dress look stiff and awkward; it doesn't move when she walks and it looks like its plastered to her legs. i really don't like that.

however, traditional karma's coat/tabard combo looks really good; it moves when she walks and uses skills, it looks like an actual piece of cloth.

if you fixed the animation issues and made the dress look like a dress and not molded to her legs, then, i'll be fine with it. otherwise, can she keep her current coat/tabard combo?

i'm sure i'm probably one of the three people that like the current traditional karma.

riot pls.

EDIT: i accidentally voted "no" like a derp.

EDITEDIT: a kind person at reddit placed a side by side comparison of the two skins:

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/1asc81/traditional_karma_skin_is_getting_her_dress/

http://i.imgur.com/CJvYjli.png

EDITx3: i should have worded it better, but:

yes is to keep her current open dress slash coat/tabard combination (labeled "old" in the above picture)

neutral is obviously meant for people with no strong feelings.

no is for people that want the new, long dress change for traditional karma.

EDITx4: someone provided screenshots of traditional karma's dress animations.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=642864&d=1364008975

nvmvoidrays

03-22-2013

bump for poll.

also, here's what i said in the official topic:

Quote:
nvmvoidrays:
the problem with adding the dress onto traditional karma is it looks like its rigged exactly the same as sakura karma.

the animations that made for the kimono won't work for traditional karma. they'll look awkward because the coat doesn't look tight at all; it looks like its supposed to flow, but, if its rigged like sakura karma, she'll take dainty steps. that's where my problem comes from. the kimono one doesn't really "move" when she walks. it's really not supposed to. seeing a coat stay plastered to her legs will look really awkward.

tbh, i think it would be better to keep all three skins looking completely different from each other.

sakura karma has her kimono.

sun goddess karma has her loincloth/aztec culture flair going on.

traditional karma has her coat/tabard combination.

i'll say i love how sakura karma looks. however, i don't want to see each of her skins become a copy of sakura karma. that removes the originality of each. right now, all three skins look vastly different than each other and offer a different flair. keep that riot.

riot pls.

here's another good argument for keeping traditional karma:

Quote:
HarryOrunitia:
Because it would look awful without the fans and it wouldn't "connect" with her other animations.

To all the people who are saying the point of "Traditional Karma" is to be as traditional as possible, I want to ask is it worth it when it looks bad? If in order to make Traditional Karma more similar to the original Karma we have to accept awkward animations and weird textures, is it really worth it? I think the first version of Traditional Karma had already nailed the Karma look anyway, even without being a full dress. And this is coming from a Karma diehard who was absolutely traumatized by the removal of her fans and many other elements of the rework.

The original Karma could afford being in a super tight full body dress because her animations, including her "pimpwalk", all revolved around her fans. She could afford looking small and powerless because it kind of was the point: "I can look like this because the moment I get tired of you I'll just blow you away with my fans". Now that she doesn't have the same weapons, her kit is completely different, and even her concept is apparently completely different, a tight full dress and a strangely uncomfortable/restrained walk animation don't work with her anymore. They don't express dignity and elegance anymore, they just look weird.

I think the first version of Traditional Karma looks much better because she retains her class and elegance while also being able to move freely. Her coat flows with every movement and it gives her an air of regality, she looks intimidating and she stands out on the battlefield. It's something she absolutely needs because without the fans she would just look like a lady in a plain old coat, surrounded by colorful characters with shiny weapons and crazy clothes. What I'm saying is she looks out of place with the full dress, way more than she did before her rework, because with the toned down animations and the dress tightly wrapped around her legs she lacks visual impact. It's a completely different situation with Sakura Karma, because in that case it's very easy to recognize her dress as a kimono and realize that it's supposed to look like that. It makes sense. It's inspired by real life. And it's also very colorful, so it definitely catches the eye. But on Traditional Karma, it just doesn't work.

Brennivin

03-22-2013

Yeah, her coat/tabard is better imo. Riot pls. u.u

CrazedPorcupine

03-22-2013

Unfortunately, I like the new Traditional Karma, It actually looks much more like the Old karma. They did a fantastic job with the animations considering the limitations they had to do. This isn't the Source Engine where they would have Cloth Physics in the game making the dresses look even better. This is an engine with severe limitations so getting the dress to even go backwards when walking is incredibly good of the animation team.

nvmvoidrays

03-22-2013

Quote:
CrazedPorcupine:
Unfortunately, I like the new Traditional Karma, It actually looks much more like the Old karma. They did a fantastic job with the animations considering the limitations they had to do. This isn't the Source Engine where they would have Cloth Physics in the game making the dresses look even better. This is an engine with severe limitations so getting the dress to even go backwards when walking is incredibly good of the animation team.

i wouldn't have problems with the traditional karma redesign if it didn't look like it was rigged exactly the same as sakura karma. this means it would have similar animations to sakura karma. the sakura karma animations work because she's in a kimono. plastering these animations onto traditional karma will make it look awkward. she's wearing a coat, not a restrictive kimono. she's not supposed to have stuttered steps.

and then, if they keep the original animations, the dress will stretch and look even more awkward.

that's why i'd love for them to keep the current coat/tabard: it looks good, it gives the traditional karma a unique flair and makes each of her three skins look completely different.

i would hate if they did the same thing for sun goddess karma too. i don't want three different sakura karma skins with different colors/themes.

the animation team did do a stellar job with sakura karma, but, i can't think of how they could make it look good with traditional karma, especially considering how the dresses are rigged to the characters and not separate physics, at least, in sakura karma's case.

Flytrap

03-22-2013

The original Traditional Karma look was much better.

nvmvoidrays

03-22-2013

for anyone that's curious, the new traditional karma rework is on the PBE.

she has the exact same rigging and animations as sakura karma.

also, i wish i could edit my poll to make it clearer.

Lord Gaga

03-22-2013

The long dress looks way better and is much closer to her current look, which is what "Traditional" is meant to emulate.

Best Karma Ionia

03-22-2013

NOOOO. Don't do this. I was thrilled beyond belief she got her dress back from being another dainty skank! If you want a tabard, go with her original skin god damnit!

tradition  
Use Tradition in a sentence
tra·di·tion [truh-dish-uhn]
noun
the handing down of statements, beliefs, legends, customs, information, etc., from generation to generation, especially by word of mouth or by practice:

2. something that is handed down:

3.a long-established or inherited way of thinking or acting:

4 a continuing pattern of culture beliefs or practices.

5.a customary or characteristic method or manner:

TRADITIONAL Karma was made to address the diehard current live Karma. This is why they added the dress and fans back, and let her keep her voice. TRADITION. IT WAS HANDED DOWN FROM KARMA 1.0 TO KARMA 2.0.

What reason do you have besides "It's so pretty and I love her man thighs."

deynische

03-22-2013

Quote:
Homocastle:
NOOOO. Don't do this. I was thrilled beyond belief she got her dress back from being another dainty skank! If you want a tabard, go with her original skin god damnit!

For chrissakes, the original concept has PANTS on. Apparently PANTS are skanky >.>

Personally, I really like the aesthetics of the original one and feel it fits much better with the new attitude they are giving Karma.