Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

It Would Appear 90% of PBE Players Are...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MySpoon

03-22-2013

Quote:
Alythar:
You know, he has a point. It isn't called the American Server. Spanish and French at the very least are to be expected.

I'm not even sure you have grounds for wanting these players out on the basis of language. In your example the player clearly knew what mid meant, since they said "No I mid.". That means they probably at least understood you, but were unwilling to cooperate. You get that from all kinds of people.

On those grounds I hear you - it's always frustrating when you try to call a role and your wishes aren't respected. Still, "they didn't do what I wanted them to do" isn't grounds for reporting someone, and with good reason.

I think you mean it isn't called the USA Server.
Because you meant the United States of America.
You know, I live in South America.
Which means I'm also American.

Is your mind blown yet?

Phourc

03-23-2013

Alternate explanation: People with poor ping, communication and/or ingame skill tend to sink to the bottom of the Elo pool. PBE has a seperate Elo than live servers. Perhaps you are just seeing how 'the other half' lives.

Quote:
MySpoon:
You know, I live in South America.
Which means I'm also American.

But can you cry bald eagles? xP

Vertany

03-23-2013

Quote:
Wilwariniel:
Your example has nothing to do with language. The person in question understood you enough to say no to your statement. So right now, your argument is pretty invalid.

Being from another country or speaking another language = / = poor behavior. Look past the language barrier (real or imagined) and really think about it. There are other ways to communicate beyond words in our game. I know it can be frustrating, but I'd like to think most people here are intelligent, creative people that can get past that. When you do, and somebody is still being a jerk, that does not automatically mean that language or being far away is the problem. It means the person is a jerk. Report them, move on, and don't cave to stereotypes because they're easy.

I don't know how many times I have to say it, but the PBE is for everyone, guys.

We shall overcome language barrier! (http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m383es5eDT1ro8qpo.gif)

Kat3326

03-23-2013

Not trying to be racist, but when I go into champion select and all I see is no-named people with blank messages popping up in the chat, it sort of aggrivates me.