Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

It Would Appear 90% of PBE Players Are...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TehBishy

03-22-2013

Quote:
Fulgulet:
Interesting point of view. Do you know something about this matchmaking system for grouping up people from the same area?

On live at least, it happend to me more than a few times, that I got people from my area in my team.. I don't think this is a coincidence. Maybe they already implemented this in the matchmaking system

They probably actually do have something like that, which would make sense why I do not run into many non speaking English players, I am from New Zealand and most surrounding countries speak English. Unlike America where you have Mexico etc right next to you.

RunYuThru

03-22-2013

Quote:
Fulgulet:

Second, if someone calls mid, why don't you go mid also with him? I suppose you're not playing PBE to win games.. I suppose you want to try a champion on mid lane, to check for bugs, or new builds, or how the champion does as an AP MID. For that you don't have to win the game. Just play along. Be friendly as you have been until now and do your job.
[/B]

While I really like your attitude on the matter, you miss the main point of his argument. A point which, I think is quite valid. Though, you’re idea is flawed and actually enforced bad habits. Players should be working together, not so stubborn that they won’t give up a spot. If the team wants to play to the current meta, they should be able to. One player shouldn’t be able to so drastically affect the game for everyone else in this regard.

Anyhow, back to the thought on language barriers. If there is going to be a language barrier, it means there is less work that can be done. While I don’t like the idea of assuming all players outside the NA can’t speak English, there are situations that occur where two people cannot communicate with each other. That said, I run into plenty of NA players who can’t speak English worth a damn.

Should there be other PBE servers for other regions? I don’t know. You’d think Riot would have implemented that if they were able. Lord knows this topic comes up plenty. On top of that, there is the fact that the current PBE serves seemed to be reaching a breaking point. Random lag spikes, people dc-ing who normally wouldn’t, and other oddities of the like. There are a lot of people on the servers and a bunch of new faces (like myself) that entered in the most recent opening.

Anyhow, I think that having different beta servers for different regions could be a good thing. You’d be playing with people near to you, and that might get around a bit of this language barrier (well in the NA server anyhow). It would also lessen the amount of players on the individual servers at any one time. Again though, I’m sure Riots thought of all this before. I’m sure this is the best they can do for now.

TL;DR – I know your pain, but it can’t be helped at the moment. Just gunna have to cowboy up and deal with it like the rest of us.

Fulgulet

03-22-2013

Quote:
RunYuThru:
While I really like your attitude on the matter, you miss the main point of his argument. A point which, I think is quite valid. Though, you’re idea is flawed and actually enforced bad habits. Players should be working together, not so stubborn that they won’t give up a spot. If the team wants to play to the current meta, they should be able to. One player shouldn’t be able to so drastically affect the game for everyone else in this regard.

Anyhow, back to the thought on language barriers. If there is going to be a language barrier, it means there is less work that can be done. While I don’t like the idea of assuming all players outside the NA can’t speak English, there are situations that occur where two people cannot communicate with each other. That said, I run into plenty of NA players who can’t speak English worth a damn.

Should there be other PBE servers for other regions? I don’t know. You’d think Riot would have implemented that if they were able. Lord knows this topic comes up plenty. On top of that, there is the fact that the current PBE serves seemed to be reaching a breaking point. Random lag spikes, people dc-ing who normally wouldn’t, and other oddities of the like. There are a lot of people on the servers and a bunch of new faces (like myself) that entered in the most recent opening.

Anyhow, I think that having different beta servers for different regions could be a good thing. You’d be playing with people near to you, and that might get around a bit of this language barrier (well in the NA server anyhow). It would also lessen the amount of players on the individual servers at any one time. Again though, I’m sure Riots thought of all this before. I’m sure this is the best they can do for now.

TL;DR – I know your pain, but it can’t be helped at the moment. Just gunna have to cowboy up and deal with it like the rest of us.

[clapping] You really made your point and explained a lot better than I did with stronger arguments. Upvote for this. You are right, riot knows this and they have their own reasons why didn't created different PBE servers. Anyhow, for the other point of view, why don't you find some friends to play with you seem a nice guy, the one that started the thread seems to have a positive thinking.. I think it's impossible to not find 4 people to play with

RichardMcNixon

03-22-2013

I tried normal que yesterday and was quite disappointed to find similar stuff.

It's not as simple as just going Duo mid - nobody is 'down' with that - especially without communication - and when you don't speak the same language, if the other guy says "no i mid" you know you're going to have a person unwilling to share the lane (even if you are willing)

The only other solution to all this as i see it is creating custom games, but you will be waiting much longer for that.

Yes, it's all about testing, but if you want to purely test something for testing's sake, you're gonna create a custom game. If you're just playing to see if you can spot any bugs, you're playing, which means you're taking the game somewhat seriously and actually trying.

The super high pings are pretty frustrating. If you're disconnecting constantly then any 'bug' you experience is more than likely a result of your terrible latency. This is not helping. So why are you here? Oh to preview the updates! -.-

ah the endless struggle lol.

Killers297

03-22-2013

Summoner 1 : box box box
Summoner 2 : Hola Amigos
Summoner 3 : I am a European who will flame all American's while trolling and missing my ez skill shots.
Summoner 4 : I em a bad english cuz im BR
Summoner 5 : Hey guys I am killerz297 lets go win

Game starts 2 afker and 2 who don't ping or listen to pings or call mia or call Boxes isntead of mia.

Arachnelis

03-22-2013

Hmm. So the problem is fighting over mid, right? Happens to me. Sometimes I get in queue and call mid, and people proceed to ignore it and say they are mid. They seem to speak english just fine and we are left with a game of Chicken, so to speak to see who will give it up.

I don't see this as a language problem but as an ******* game player problem. As far as communicating in game goes, we got these fancy new pings to ease that problem. I think refusing to communicate is more of an issue than language, and that happens across the board.

Wilwariniel

Sr. QA Analyst

03-22-2013

Quote:
Homocastle:

For instance, as I type this, I have called mid three times, selected karma, and am about to lock. "I mid."

Oh god. There it is. The broken english.

"Um. I called it first though D:" *use smiley thing to try and be friendly*

"No. I mid."

Your example has nothing to do with language. The person in question understood you enough to say no to your statement. So right now, your argument is pretty invalid.

Being from another country or speaking another language = / = poor behavior. Look past the language barrier (real or imagined) and really think about it. There are other ways to communicate beyond words in our game. I know it can be frustrating, but I'd like to think most people here are intelligent, creative people that can get past that. When you do, and somebody is still being a jerk, that does not automatically mean that language or being far away is the problem. It means the person is a jerk. Report them, move on, and don't cave to stereotypes because they're easy.

I don't know how many times I have to say it, but the PBE is for everyone, guys.

Arctic Bro

03-22-2013

maybe it's the hours you play -,-

ShadyElf

03-22-2013

this is why i just play customs with friends lawl. I'll let other people wade through the filth.

Arcticfury

03-22-2013

Quote:
Homocastle:
Wants to test meta. Tries to solo mid. Impossible.

Is my point anyways.

I'm sorry, I guess I'm confused from your first two posts. Are you the one speaking broken English in the PBE game or just the forums?

It appears that you expect us to understand you because you are aware we all speak English, but when someone else assumes you speak English they aren't allowed to use the same poor sentence structure you use on us.

You have just refuted your own argument.