Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

It Would Appear 90% of PBE Players Are...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best Karma Ionia

03-22-2013

None english speakers. I will refernece Consuela from family guys infamous 'Es... No... No... No es no...'

Not that Im picking on hispanics, as I know russians and various asian populations are also a big part of the community. But it just gets old after a while.

For instance, as I type this, I have called mid three times, selected karma, and am about to lock. "I mid."

Oh god. There it is. The broken english.

"Um. I called it first though D:" *use smiley thing to try and be friendly*

"No. I mid."

I'd be less perturbed by this if this didn't happen every game. In fact, most of the PBE games I play only have 2-3 total english speaking players in the game.

Which is actually a real problem as those foreigners [to me, anyways,] are located far from the PBE servers... Meaning they're lagging and DCing consistently. I dont remember the last time I had a 5v5 game for more than 10 seconds. People are constantly dcing and I've no doubt it's from the combined PBE Mega server.

Does Riot plan to make any other offshoot servers as with live? I understand it's just a beta but it's a little hard to cooperate with a language barrier and consistent lag and trolling and by god, the most determined gamers I've ever seen. No matter what I beg or plead, I always lose my lane to one of my teammates who spams me in broken english about how I need mcdonalds or something something mcdonalds. Oh well.

Im not intending to come off racist. Just posting my thoughts on the inter-language problems.

Fulgulet

03-22-2013

I think you have a problem here. Now, seriously, if someone dc-es or is trolling, just report them. As you can see in this page of threads, someone got banned for too many left games in PBE. This is the way to make it right.

Second, if someone calls mid, why don't you go mid also with him? I suppose you're not playing PBE to win games.. I suppose you want to try a champion on mid lane, to check for bugs, or new builds, or how the champion does as an AP MID. For that you don't have to win the game. Just play along. Be friendly as you have been until now and do your job.

Nobody will have to say anything if you say that you're going mid because you want to check for a bug or you want to test a bug. You can't even be reported for this. Even so, if I may, I'd be rewarding you for all the help you're bringing in the community.

Next time before you join a queue, ask yourself. What am I doing here? What do I want to do/check/find out/discover/test? Is it fun? (cause beta testing should be a pleasure, not a hard work) What do I expect to get/earn/learn from this game? What do I expect my teammates to behave?

If any of the answer leads to just wanting so bad a victory and that's all, then maybe your place isn't here, but on live servers.

P.S. what's wrong with people with lags? this isn't a live server. I have a constant 200 ping, and nobody said anything about me. In the past 2 days I think I posted like 50 replies and opened at least 7 threads on the forum. Every single bug I read about, I try to reproduce it, and to come with details about it! I'm trying to help the community. So because i'm lagging, does it mean that I should stop doing this or what?

Hate when people like you post something like this on the forum, because many others will read what you wrote and then they will just share your opinion. And this is how hatred borns between NA players and the rest of the world.

Best Karma Ionia

03-22-2013

Wants to test meta. Tries to solo mid. Impossible.

Is my point anyways.

TehBishy

03-22-2013

Although I do not seem to come across the same problem as you often, this could be due to my timezone being different to yours.
When this does happen though can be quite frustrating, considering this is a team game, communication is a huge part of the actual game play.

I believe that this is quite a hard thing to work around, the only solution I see possible for something like this would be for you to have to say what languages you speak, rather than splitting everyone up, creating bigger problems.
Filling out our primary language, secondary languages.

Then to have match making try to find people that have the same language groups.

Although this is the PBE, I don't really see a reason for them to integrate such a thing just for the PBE, however I believe it would be useful on the main servers.

I reckon it's something as a tester you have to put up with, no one likes having people leaving the game or trolling you, but it's the PBE.
You have to make a fun environment for yourself, if you aren't having fun, move to the main servers.
You will get much more serious games.

Fulgulet

03-22-2013

Quote:
Homocastle:
Wants to test meta. Tries to solo mid. Impossible.

Is my point anyways.

Have you read my post from above? it doesn't seem so. You want to test mid, and someone else go mid, why don't you also go mid? what keeps you from that?

Best Karma Ionia

03-22-2013

Because getting half the xp and fighting for cs will make it harder to see how a character would do on live. I want to see how my Karma stacks up to her old self. It's harder to do this when Im fighting for resources. In fact it's not the same at all. I might as well go support.

...Which I tried. The Katarina aforementioned actually died to xerath and yelled at me to go mid. So I guess it worked out except for the part where I only had 3 cs and was several levels behind but you know.

Speak of the devil now Im fighting two people for mid, LB and Nocturne. Man. This is awesome D;

Fulgulet

03-22-2013

Quote:
TehBishy:
Although I do not seem to come across the same problem as you often, this could be due to my timezone being different to yours.
When this does happen though can be quite frustrating, considering this is a team game, communication is a huge part of the actual game play.

I believe that this is quite a hard thing to work around, the only solution I see possible for something like this would be for you to have to say what languages you speak, rather than splitting everyone up, creating bigger problems.
Filling out our primary language, secondary languages.

Then to have match making try to find people that have the same language groups.

Although this is the PBE, I don't really see a reason for them to integrate such a thing just for the PBE, however I believe it would be useful on the main servers.

I reckon it's something as a tester you have to put up with, no one likes having people leaving the game or trolling you, but it's the PBE.
You have to make a fun environment for yourself, if you aren't having fun, move to the main servers.
You will get much more serious games.

Interesting point of view. Do you know something about this matchmaking system for grouping up people from the same area?

On live at least, it happend to me more than a few times, that I got people from my area in my team.. I don't think this is a coincidence. Maybe they already implemented this in the matchmaking system

Best Karma Ionia

03-22-2013

They have separate servers for separate areas, Fulgulet. On live, anywho. That's why Im curious as to if it's too expensive to run more PBE servers.

Fulgulet

03-22-2013

Quote:
Homocastle:
Because getting half the xp and fighting for cs will make it harder to see how a character would do on live. I want to see how my Karma stacks up to her old self. It's harder to do this when Im fighting for resources. In fact it's not the same at all. I might as well go support.

...Which I tried. The Katarina aforementioned actually died to xerath and yelled at me to go mid. So I guess it worked out except for the part where I only had 3 cs and was several levels behind but you know.

Speak of the devil now Im fighting two people for mid, LB and Nocturne. Man. This is awesome D;

Haha ) you are a funny guy. Try to find friends here on PBE and play with them. At least you won't be trolled anymore and you'll even have some fun. If you want, add me in game. Fulgulet is my nickname

Fulgulet

03-22-2013

Quote:
Homocastle:
They have separate servers for separate areas, Fulgulet. On live, anywho. That's why Im curious as to if it's too expensive to run more PBE servers.

I don't think money is a problem regarding the servers. Maybe because it's PBE, they have a lot of bugs going on. Imagine 2 identical servers, but because just a slight difference, to have completely different bugs. That means to keep maintenance on at least 2 different servers at once.

The matchmaking system will be awfull. Not to think that, you are asking independence for yourself.

But your problem won't be solved. Because it will be a NA server and an Rest of the world one? So in the second one will still have english, russian, chinesse, turkish, korean and japanesse language.. So you solved the problem in your server but created a much bigger problem on the other server

How do you plan on solving this problem? Make 10 testing servers, one for each language spoken?