all dem udyr buffs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Peligrad

03-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamserX View Post
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...50834#35862667

and according to reports bear stance also ignores unit collision

So lets see all that udyr's gotten:

Armor and mr taken off passive and instead 5 ms per stack (total of 15) added
Nerf, unless the duration is fairly long he won't really be able to make use of the 15 ms unless he's in teamfights

W attacks can now crit
W mana regen removed
W shield buffed
W mana brought down early
Overal W - Buff

So how are these nerfs again????
I'll agree that the E and R got substantial buffs. That said, tiger Udyr gets no benefit out of R's buffs... and Pheonix Udyr probably STILL will be absolute garbage... so pretty much that buff is a wash.

So really just E got buffs for Udyr.

But Udyr's W was not buffed... Udyr's W has (on live) 3 functions. Regen HP, Regen MP, and provide a shield. One third of the spell's utility is being removed and it's being given a pitiful mana cost reduction and a VERY Pitiful shield increase. That's like taking amumu's curse of the sad mummy and reducing the CC duration but making it deal slightly more damage and cost slightly less and saying it was buffed... SORRY...NO. Especially since Udyr is so many hungry. This change is massive massive nerf.

The shield increase DOES NOT OFFSET the decrease in EHP of the shield lost by the passive change.

Old shield was worth 200*1.12=224 new shield is worth 220.

The mana cost decrease DOES NOT OFFSET the loss of mana vamp, especially once Udyr gets Madred's/Wriggles.

SO we have a massive nerf to his passive, a considerable nerf to his sustain, and a massive nerf to his W; for decent QoL buff to his E and not much else...

That's how this is a nerf...

Tehpersuns

03-23-2013

If Udyr could grab your face, and he wasn't a mile behind, he could rip almost anyone to tiny little gibbets. Now he has an easier time grabbing your face, so of course riot nerfs his gibbing power.

Vencu

03-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peligrad View Post
I'll agree that the E and R got substantial buffs. That said, tiger Udyr gets no benefit out of R's buffs... and Pheonix Udyr probably STILL will be absolute garbage... so pretty much that buff is a wash.

So really just E got buffs for Udyr.

But Udyr's W was not buffed... Udyr's W has (on live) 3 functions. Regen HP, Regen MP, and provide a shield. One third of the spell's utility is being removed and it's being given a pitiful mana cost reduction and a VERY Pitiful shield increase. That's like taking amumu's curse of the sad mummy and reducing the CC duration but making it deal slightly more damage and cost slightly less and saying it was buffed... SORRY...NO. Especially since Udyr is so many hungry. This change is massive massive nerf.

The shield increase DOES NOT OFFSET the decrease in EHP of the shield lost by the passive change.

Old shield was worth 200*1.12=224 new shield is worth 220.

The mana cost decrease DOES NOT OFFSET the loss of mana vamp, especially once Udyr gets Madred's/Wriggles.

SO we have a massive nerf to his passive, a considerable nerf to his sustain, and a massive nerf to his W; for decent QoL buff to his E and not much else...

That's how this is a nerf...
I can see a viable phoenix udyr setup similar to what hec runs

ICB Elder lizard Spirit visage

a decent QOL buff to his E????

Unit collision ignore, MS buff, small gap closer.... THAT'S a QOL buff to you?? no that's a straight up buff

Yes his passive was nerfed, his MANA sustain was nerfed. In return he got a stronger shield and a massive buff to pheonix which could see a build like i said above where you just aoe elder lizard shred people down

you CANNOT just say "oh these buffs don't count" they do count, oh and btw way to count his W nerf twice in your points....

also turtle stance mana regen was always ****

Peligrad

03-23-2013

It was not... You obviously never played Udyr...

Madred's and rank 1 turtle solved all his mana issues...

turtle allows udyr to give away blue and maintain his clear speed. He's screwed without it.

His E also got nerfed... duration reduced 25%... pretty substantial.
So yes... QoL buff. The dash is miniscule. The minion blocking is a very small benefit, especially since its a tiny 2-3 second window only. The MS% is a decent buff, but total distance traveled is a little less...its just a bigger burst of speed.

Phoenix Udyr has NO chance of being strong... trust me on this one...
AS is too expensive, and Udyr can't stick to targets, especially since pheonix punishes you for using your other stances.
AoE jungling is weaker and counter jungling small camps doesn't shut down enemy junglers like it used to.

Again, its overall this is a nerf...
Tiger will ALWAYS be better. AND yes if you can't use a buff, it doesn't matter... so yeah, phoenix changes are 0 value to Udyr... sorry, they are...

TidesOfLogan

Recruiter

03-23-2013

I'm feeling like cereals utility/wear-the-team-down shyvana build would work extremely well with new udyr.

Vencu

03-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peligrad View Post

Phoenix Udyr has NO chance of being strong... trust me on this one...
nope you're a ****ing moron when it comes to balance

and if you honestly think the ghosting on E is miniscule you merely prove my point

CerealBoxOfDoom