all dem udyr buffs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dthehunter

03-22-2013

Yea, these changes will not be beneficial for Udyr. All he needs is to make his bear stance avoid collision while the speed boost is active. Nothing else needed.

Vencu

03-22-2013

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...50834#35862667

and according to reports bear stance also ignores unit collision

So lets see all that udyr's gotten:

Armor and mr taken off passive and instead 5 ms per stack (total of 15) added
Nerf, unless the duration is fairly long he won't really be able to make use of the 15 ms unless he's in teamfights

Q active changed to physical damage from magic
Q mana cost brought down early
Overall Q - Nerf

W attacks can now crit
W mana regen removed
W shield buffed
W mana brought down early
Overal W - Buff

Movespeed buff on E
Ignore unit collision while E is active
Small dash on E
Mana costs on E brought down early
Duration nerf on E
Overall E - Buff

R procs on first AND every third attack after now
R passie AP ratio buff
R mana cost brought down early
small active ap ratio nerf
Overall R - Buff

So how are these nerfs again????

Vencu

03-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
eh?

I was thinking spirit visage or frozen heart.
You forget iceborn gauntlet
Sheen procs
Slows
Mana....

Phoenix stance will benefit more from the AP on it and his shield will get a lil stronger from it

CerealBoxOfDoom

03-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamserX View Post
You forget iceborn gauntlet
Sheen procs
Slows
Mana....

Phoenix stance will benefit more from the AP on it and his shield will get a lil stronger from it
Probably a good idea. It seems to me as though udyr doesnt actually need a huge manaboost (cough cough)if you dont mind riot forcing you to use certain forms (cough cough) I imagine udyr is about to get some stupidly strong combo if they even went sofar as to finally give him the jungler tag.

Vencu

03-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
Probably a good idea. It seems to me as though udyr doesnt actually need a huge manaboost (cough cough)if you dont mind riot forcing you to use certain forms (cough cough) I imagine udyr is about to get some stupidly strong combo if they even went sofar as to finally give him the jungler tag.
I mean, i'm not saying you get it purely for the mana, i'm saying overall synergy would be amazing with him, gives him another form of cc other then his bear form stun, gives him cdr, armor, ap for his turtle and phoenix stance, sheen procs for his low low cd's and mana to help with stance swapping

I don't see why you wouldn't buy it at all lol

zankuro14

03-22-2013

I have a post begging Riot to help Udyr and now I see this one and it looks like the bear man has gotten very little love. Udyr needs better team fight utility and I am tired of his global cooldown. My head hurts, will my Udyr never be viable again. Jarvan, Vi, Lee sin, Xin and list goes on... all remain better options than udyr who lacks the utility to provide any real benefit in a team fight...........stupse.

Dirkdeagler7

03-22-2013

I don't understand why everyone is breaking his kit down and comparing skill to skill in order to evaluate these changes. The changes go beyond the stat changes and into how u can build and rune for him.

As it is now, if u want to be a more AD based UDYR ur Q will now benefit from ar pen which means buying arpen is less bad for him than it used to be (meaning ppl that ignored arpen because it didnt help with any of his other dmg but sacrificed AA damage in hte process can benefit from it with their Q). Also because of the change to phoenix, u can use it in ur rotation even as AD to get a bit of extra burst off the first hit without having to wait for 3 AAs. This also makes arpen runes less pointless if u want to go with an AD Udyr build.

If you want to build more AP/AS then ur scaling is now better AND u have more predictable damage on phoenix.

For all Udyrs, the unit collision change, ms buff, and gap closer helps address my biggest issue on Udyr regardless of how I built him, ie getting to and staying on top of enemies (particularly before i've finished Frozen Mallet).

Yes mana will be an issue but I cant help but feel like people are making a mountain out of a mole hill. After a few ranks and since sheen/glacial/tear/philo/jungle items other than madreds all give me some mana or mana regen anyway, i don't think it'll be a big deal.

Regardless if one skill was a buff or a nerf, they made it possible to make more focused builds/rune pages/masteries for Udyr

DarkUker

03-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamserX View Post
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...50834#35862667

and according to reports bear stance also ignores unit collision

So lets see all that udyr's gotten:

Armor and mr taken off passive and instead 5 ms per stack (total of 15) added
Nerf, unless the duration is fairly long he won't really be able to make use of the 15 ms unless he's in teamfights

Q active changed to physical damage from magic
Q mana cost brought down early
Overall Q - Nerf

W attacks can now crit
W mana regen removed
W shield buffed
W mana brought down early
Overal W - Buff

Movespeed buff on E
Ignore unit collision while E is active
Small dash on E
Mana costs on E brought down early
Duration nerf on E
Overall E - Buff

R procs on first AND every third attack after now
R passie AP ratio buff
R mana cost brought down early
small active ap ratio nerf
Overall R - Buff

So how are these nerfs again????
Udyr now will be force to buy more mana, spamming his stances even on lvl 18 is gonna be a huge mana cost overall, that was the true meaning behind turtle stance, you could scare someone stunning them and then hurting them quite a lot so they run away and even if they were or not killed in the process normally you put turtle to regain that mana you spent, this is why is a nerf to his W, also it looks like you dont know but there are 2 udyr type of players the one that focuses in Tiger to do damage and the one who focus in Phoenix to do damage, so this will either be a big buff for those phoenix players but for those who use tiger is a Huge nerf.

Vencu

03-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkUker View Post
Udyr now will be force to buy more mana, spamming his stances even on lvl 18 is gonna be a huge mana cost overall, that was the true meaning behind turtle stance, you could scare someone stunning them and then hurting them quite a lot so they run away and even if they were or not killed in the process normally you put turtle to regain that mana you spent, this is why is a nerf to his W, also it looks like you dont know but there are 2 udyr type of players the one that focuses in Tiger to do damage and the one who focus in Phoenix to do damage, so this will either be a big buff for those phoenix players but for those who use tiger is a Huge nerf.
I'm fully aware there are 2 different kinds of udyr players but no matter how you look at it

Tiger stance udyr's: Q nerfed W buffed E buffed

Phoenix stance udyr's: R buffed W buffed E buffed

Buy an iceborn gauntlet and you won't have mana issues and it synergizes amazingly with his kit

500 mana from IBG is 10 additional stance changes on lvl 1 stances as they all cost 50 mana. Each ability got a 5/4/3/2/1 mana cost reduction per rank.

Yes tiger stance udyr got hit, but at least phoenix has a point now, since the jungle changes phoenix has been tossed aside, Now it might be seen a little bit more. I honestly fail to see how a damage type change becomes a "huge nerf" yes it is a nerf, but not a huge one

CerealBoxOfDoom