Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

all dem udyr buffs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Peligrad

03-22-2013

Your math is horribly mistaken ...as usual...

15 MS =/= 25 MS = tier 1 boots

And I'd say they are forcing BC on Udyr more than anything.

His passive change will help him at the very beginning of the game. his clear speed will get a little faster and his ganks will be a little more potent because of the extra MS.

BUT, his late game is going to suffer horribly. He won't scale with gear as well and he's going to be a very easy focus target.

Mogs01gt

03-22-2013

Quote:
Peligrad:

To keep his clear times up, he may be pretty low on mana. Especially if he gets his 2nd blue to mid.

U may be right on BC.

CerealBoxOfDoom

03-22-2013

Quote:
Peligrad:
Your math is horribly mistaken ...as usual...

15 MS =/= 25 MS = tier 1 boots

His passive change will help him at the very beginning of the game. his clear speed will get a little faster and his ganks will be a little more potent because of the extra MS.

BUT, his late game is going to suffer horribly. He won't scale with gear as well and he's going to be a very easy focus target.

345 base MS (the highest are Yi and pantheon and 355)

with boots thats 370
(345 + 5) + 15% = 402.5

where else is my math mistaken?

No, he probably wont synergize with gear as much. But what gear did he really synergize with anyways? Something he can't now I mean.

Peligrad

03-22-2013

Quote:
CerealBoxOfDoom:
345 base MS (the highest are Yi and pantheon and 355)

with boots thats 370
(345 + 5) + 15% = 402.5

where else is my math mistaken?

No, he probably wont synergize with gear as much. But what gear did he really synergize with anyways? Something he can't now I mean.

Anyone with boots out runs him... hence you can't not get boots...

Which is what you were saying you could do... math mistaken... as usual.

And he synergized with ALL defensive stats and life steal due to his passive.

Health, MR, Armor, life steal (and AD scales with lifesteal), plus his shield had more value because he has more armor and MR with his old passive.

This change is a massive massive nerf to the point where it's heart breaking...

Not to mention it was MR/armor not BONUS MR/armor so even his per level hp, armor, and MR has less value with this change. His turtle stance can spell vamp off his base damages and even smite...that self healing was more valuable due the passive too...

So basically...every offensive and defensive stat in the game was more valuable on Udyr before this nerf... does that sufficiently answer the question?

CerealBoxOfDoom

03-22-2013

Quote:
Peligrad:
Anyone with boots out runs him... hence you can't not get boots...

Which is what you were saying you could do... math mistaken... as usual.

And he synergized with ALL defensive stats and life steal due to his passive.

Health, MR, Armor, life steal (and AD scales with lifesteal), plus his shield had more value because he has more armor and MR with his old passive.

This change is a massive massive nerf to the point where it's heart breaking...

Not to mention it was MR/armor not BONUS MR/armor so even his per level hp, armor, and MR has less value with this change. His turtle stance can spell vamp off his base damages and even smite...that self healing was more valuable due the passive too...

So basically...every offensive and defensive stat in the game was more valuable on Udyr before this nerf... does that sufficiently answer the question?

:/ technically yes that's a correctish answer but cereal is not impress
nonpermanent 4% armor and MR does not excite

I mean sure its useful but not so much I'd say it creates "synergy".

this is what that one makes me want to do
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3ANUkOyDNQ

this is what synergy should look like
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLnWf1sQkjY

DarkUker

03-22-2013

1 second nerf to his bear - absolute nerf
tiger does physical now?????? GG at least bring back his bonus damage to turrets cause this at least will help him tear them down
Turtle wont return mana??? GG jungle Udyr, now he must return to the fountain frequently, Turtle stance provided a lot of survivabilty in the jungle and with this he could aso spam his stances with no harm of returning to the fountain, no more blue for Mid.
Phoenix stance ??? I have always preferred tiger over phoenix and also the passive grants movement speed.......i like the % armor gain it helps his jungle defense.

Riot if yout gonna take his mana vamo from turtle increase his mana pool, or else you have just destroyed a very nice and balanced champion.

Peligrad

03-22-2013

Peli doesn't care to impress cereal... mainly because cereal is a silly noob that has no idea...

To show you how much of a nerf this is... look at gold value.

15 MS is worth 250 gold. THAT'S IT...

A cloth armor is worth 300g and it gives 15 armor.

So when Udyr's passive gives him 15 armor, he gets more gold value out of JUST THE ARMOR part.

15/.12= 125 so when Udyr reaches 125 armor, he gets more gold out of his passive and that is out of JUST THE ARMOR part. So...level 9ish...(building madred's/wriggle's route)

Toss in the MR part and you'll reach more gold value on his current passive by level 6... easily...

agbudar

03-22-2013

im almost thinking muramana but that might just be a stupid idea
if i see stuff like heals 10% of his damage does that mean ALL damage? ive always wondered about that.

Peligrad

03-22-2013

It does...it works even on item actives and summoner spells (and on hits ect).

muramana would fix his mana issues, but its fairly expensive.

The beauty of his old turtle stance was that you could buy a madred's/wriggles and go into turtle stance and beat on a camp to regen your hp and mana to full so you never had to buy mana regen. But your clear was a lot slower doing this because you'd lose 30% AS along with the active bonuses by staying in one stance.

I really don't understand why they are changing so much on Udyr...

I like the mini lunge, and I like the physical tiger stance. I even like the phoenix changes...I can take or leave the minion collision change...pretty much it's non-benefit. And the %MS buff for the duration nerf is kinda "meh".

But the passive change is god awful... and the turtle stance makes me cry a little too...

Hourricane

03-22-2013

I REALLY dislike the Q change.

Udyr doing Magical damage is waaaaay better than Physical damage. His Phoenix does magical damage so does Wit's End, Shiv...