all dem udyr buffs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

03-21-2013

http://www.reignofgaming.net/news/23...-for-3-22-2013

welcome to 2013 udyr.

Preymster

03-21-2013

bring forth AP attack speed turtle udyr. (i think it would be fun anyway).

asamu

03-21-2013

With the exception of the passive change, ignoring unit collision, and AP ratios, those aren't very significant buffs, if they can even be called that...
Tiger Stance: Buff early, Nerf late unless you build armor pen. (Black cleaver is now worthwhile though)
Turtle stance: Nerfed. (no longer regains mana)
Bear stance: duration significantly reduced at higher ranks, with no benefit at rank 1 (nerf if you build other movement items), but ignore unit collision: overall, slight buff.
Phoenix Stance: lost bonus AD/AP in return for higher ratio and application on first hit for more burst: nerf and buff.

Mana Costs: buffed, but changes are insignificant. 1 more ability at lvl 1 before oom, ignoring regen.

The biggest thing is the 15 movespeed. This will make movespeed quints/ghost even better, and significantly improve ganks.

Onimus Terlain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2013

Those are, for the most part, nerfs.
Removing the mana regen on turtle.
Removing the armor and mr from his passive
removing the AP and AD from pheonix.

GG Riot.

Mogs01gt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2013

I dont like these changes. He needs his mana regain on his turtle stance. Making his Q deal physical damage now hurts his damage output. Removing his boosted AD and AP from Phoenix hurts his damage even more.

So now, Turtle can crit? OHHH what a buff!!

I swear, Riot's live balancing team really has no idea how to balancing champs. All Udyr needed was a ghost effect to his Bear stance and AP scaling his Q or switch his R to AD.

Snipawolfe

03-22-2013

I would rather they have not touched Udyr at all. He was already fine beforehand.

Peligrad

03-22-2013

WHAT!? NO!!!

These aren't buffs...

His bear stance is getting a tiny %MS buff but a significant duration NERF.
His passive change gives him 5-15 MS (which is nothing) but he's losing 4-12% armor and MR (which is huge).
His turtle stance shield is getting a slight buff but he's losing mana vamp in that form (which is really important to his jungle sustain).

His tiger stance being turned to physical, his mana costs, and the pheonix change are all decent buffs...but I'm not convinced that these changes are buffs over all... especially since they are nerfing his durability... free durability is the one advantage Udyr has... very slight MS bonuses aren't going to make any difference as long as you are still walking from A to B...

Team fight utility and gap closing against slowing effects/unit collision are where Udyr struggles...they did nothing for him in these areas, while they are taking away his durability?

I love Udyr the way he is...hope these changes don't go live TBH... at least not the passive change... that's a horrible nerf...

Mogs01gt

03-22-2013

Its almost like they are forcing spirit stone or Sheen on udyr. I hate it when Riot forces items onto champs!

CerealBoxOfDoom

03-22-2013

How is the passive change a horrible nerf? If my math isnt mistaken, udyr can literally replace boots with mana can cooldowns lol. Maybe not the best idea but imagine the earlygame.

CerealBoxOfDoom

03-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogs01gt View Post
Its almost like they are forcing spirit stone or Sheen on udyr. I hate it when Riot forces items onto champs!
eh?

I was thinking spirit visage or frozen heart.