Should the champion's portrait reflect which skin you are using?

Yes. 1,065 93.59%
No. 73 6.41%
Voters: 1138. You may not vote on this poll

Skin pictures only on loading screens.

12345 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryswick

11-04-2010

Anyone else want the skin's portait to appear in-game too?

Right now, you'll see the skin portrait in the loading screen, but in-game, you'll only see the original skin's portrait.

The only possible problem I could see with implementing this change is that people won't recognize the characters on the mini-map, where new portrait pictures could confuse people.

I thought it'd be cool, though, to see the new portrait when you click on a champion (Your target portrait in the upper-right), check the scoreboard, on the bottom left (your portrait), and when you kill a player, turret, or inhibitor.

I was kinda hoping the new portrait could be applied to everything except the mini-map (Might be hard to tell who's who), I mean, why not have the cool portrait come with the cool skin?

When I buy skins, the deciding factor is the portrait, since the shop doesn't show what it looks like in-game, I buy based off the picture I see in the shop. I love the portraits, it'd be nice if we could see them more often in-game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disillusion View Post
I'd go a step further. I'd like skin portraits to appear in champion select too so you can see if your team has skins.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillinUrDoodz View Post
Make it a UI option.
Bump this if you want it implemented!

Edit: The main arguement against this idea was that it'd be too hard to identify the champions on the mini-map, but now since they're changing the original portraits anyways, isn't it irrelevant?

Edit: It appears in the end-game stats screen, why not in-game?

zankioh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-04-2010

There have been plenty of suggestions like these.
The basic idea was to keep the classic icon on the minimap (and perhaps the scoreboard), but to change it for the announcements at the top. I'd support the idea.

zankioh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-04-2010

Minimap is a no-go as quickly recognizing who is who and where is very important.
No reason not to have it for the announcement or other parts though yep.

Smigleesmits

11-04-2010

Well from helping my friend who skins, I don't know if it would be possible to split it between the mini-map and the announcements, because it uses the same file from what I can tell, and the square in the bottom left is a separate file from these. I'm not sure if it is for Riot, but it seemed to be rather hard for my friend to make these as well, which is probably why they don't do it for skins (They haven't even had the champion circles in past few champion spotlights).

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

11-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lima Beans View Post
We did this, so you could easily and consistently recognize characters in the UI elements such as the minimap and scoreboard. We thought it might be too confusing to skin those as well.

If the users disagree however, we will consider changes of course.
Personally I don't mind the changes on the hud or popup messages, but I like my minimap as it is

Scanty Kneesocks

11-12-2010

I like this idea.

Tenant

Friend of Urf

11-12-2010

I remember reading a red post about this before...but basically, they want to keep HUD elements consistent and easy to identify with quickly.

Having individualized champ icons, especially for the mini-map, may get a bit too cumbersome to get used to.

Firellius

11-12-2010

At least the champion Icon that sits in the lower left corner of your screen should be changed. No reason not to.

Scanty Kneesocks

11-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firellius View Post
At least the champion Icon that sits in the lower left corner of your screen should be changed. No reason not to.
And the one that appears when you kill a champion/turret/inhibitor.

I mean, it's not minimized, so it shouldn't be hard to tell who it is (unlike the mini-map).

Fennec

Recruiter

11-12-2010

I see no reason why the portrait doesn't change. i mean im using the hero, im pretty sure i know who im playing when i selected them.
As for the mini map icons i don't think that needs to change. They already have the art done Alot of the reds are using Skins portraits. So its not like it would take much work... If all else fails just make it a checkbox some where.

While on the topic of WTF is that hero can we get a option for the newbs to switch summoner names with the Champions? So rather then "FennecFoxx" above Nids head its "Nidalee"

12345 ... 9