Blaaaaah ranked lp blaaaaaah

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GekkoST

03-21-2013

So I feel like the LP system is working. I have pretty much just really started really playing ranked this season as I did not enjoy the elo system from season 2 when I started playing league. After going 7W/3L in my ten placement matches I got put into Silver Division Four.

I've played a total of 40 ranked games this season, 6 in ranked 3v3 and 34 in Yolo Queue. My ranked team got placed Bronze Division 2 and we haven't played too much since getting ranked but we'll see how that goes... but since playing the ten placements I have seen my LP rise and fall throughout the 24 matches in yoloque since. It has been pretty even. Gain 19, lose 17, gain 17, gain 18, lose 18 stuff like that... I don't see very extreme differences between what I win or lose. The most I have gained from a match was like 45 and the most I have lost from a match was probably around 25. For a while I was very close to the division 3 promotion series but I ended up not getting 100 LP and actually dropped down into silver 5. I've played two games since dropping to silver 5 and won both, I am now in a promotion series.

From what I have seen happening with my rise and fall of LP I think it is fairly safe to say that I probably belong in Silver Division 5-3. I wouldn't even say I am silver div 2 or 1 yet because I have yet to really really carry my team. Though some of my favorite champs to play in ranked have received some hard hitting nerfs and have become 'non-ranked-playable' imo I have found some other champs that are equally fun and rewarding to play in ranked.

I feel like the system is working and I look forward to playing more ranked games both in 3v3 and yoloque this season. Maybe I'll even round a 5v5 team together, who knows. Good job riot, keep up the good work.

PS: Haters goin' to hate!
Edit: Please undo the nerf on Hecarim, he's my favorite jungler, he's my little pony ='(

Brightinly

03-21-2013

It's not just the lp, it's their stupid decision making when it comes to letting us have a real value to compare ourselves to others instead of stupid and worthless medals.

BeelzeBuff

03-21-2013

Let us know when you get to the top LP of Silver I

then come back and tell us you don't hate the LP system