Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Please stop comparing TF to Pantheon

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zero Suit Senpai

03-21-2013

Listen, I'm not going to take sides in the "TF is OP" shenanigans that GD is partaking in at this time, but could people please stop arguing that TF is balanced because Pantheon provides what TF provides (i.e. "global" ult and ranged stun) and is balanced/underpowered? I'm not saying TF is OP, but I do think it's a bad argument.

Yes, Pantheon and TF both have "global" ults and a stun, but TF has a lot more in hit kit that makes him significantly better.

First of all, and most significantly, TF's ult reveals every enemy champion. Panth's doesn't. Second of all, TF's ult takes significantly less time for him to teleport. Third of all TF's ult is much less obvious (with regard to where he is teleporting) than Pantheon's, which makes a giant circle and gives a 400 year warning.

TF's stun also has a significantly lower cooldown (6 sec) than Pantheon's (13 sec --> 9 sec) and a significantly longer stun duration (1 sec --> 2 sec) than Pantheon's (1 sec flat).

Again, I'm not saying TF is "OP," I'm just saying that using Pantheon as proof that he isn't is a bad argument.

TL;DR: Pantheon's kit's utility is worse in many ways than TF's, and it makes for a poor comparison when trying to say that TF isn't OP. THIS ISN'T A TF IS OP THREAD. Please read my reasoning before yelling at me. Thank you.

Mister Yi

03-21-2013

its almost like pantheon isnt tankier and do more damage

Outplay Nation

03-21-2013

but tf is not op

Cards and Dice

03-21-2013

So far, I've only seen one case of such a comparison. Well, technically, I made it, but w/e.

Were there more instances of this that I don't know of?

Zero Suit Senpai

03-21-2013

Quote:
Mister Yi:

It's almost like that's not relevant to my point.
Quote:
Omar23j2:
but tf is not op

I didn't even remotely imply that he was. Again, I'm not taking sides in the TF shenanigans.

DreamsOfGrandeur

03-21-2013

Quote:
Mister Yi:

It's almost they that's only true because he's melee and even then it's not good enough.

Zero Suit Senpai

03-21-2013

Quote:
DreamsOfGrandeur:
It's almost they that's only true because he's melee and even then it's not good enough.

I'm also not trying to make a thread about Pantheon's state of balance, though I agre with what you're saying.

I'm just saying it's a bad comparison.

STUMPY THE WHALE

03-21-2013

-TF pulls out yellow card-

TF......whatchu doin thar?

Lvl5syndrome

03-21-2013

why is this a thread?

if you want a subject to go unnoticed then please kindly shut the **** up.

Talon is Freelo

03-21-2013

Are people really complaining about TF?

Such a joke.