Best offensive items on Volibear?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jmlinden7

03-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyitshojin View Post
But don't you usually do only about 2 bites in a teamfight? So overall wouldn't a AD/AS item be better?
You don't scale off of AD. You scale off of on-hit damage and attack speed. Your w scales off of HP and armor pen.

heyitshojin

03-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmlinden7 View Post
You don't scale off of AD. You scale off of on-hit damage and attack speed. Your w scales off of HP and armor pen.
Well what I meant was that every auto attack scales off AD. That was why I was saying wouldn't AD/AS be better offensively than buying more health?

Of course Ar Pen is great and more damage on W is nice, I was thinking with voli's high attack speed (with max stacks of W) your auto's would overall do more damage in the course of a teamfight than one or two bursts of W?

And I would say that Voli is not really a burst champ-although his W is a strong execute for carries, but I guess the choice to go for more burst on the W and health (more tank) or build more AD/AS/Ar pen would be situational. (is the opponents carry fed or the bruiser the main problem?)

jmlinden7

03-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyitshojin View Post
Well what I meant was that every auto attack scales off AD. That was why I was saying wouldn't AD/AS be better offensively than buying more health?

Of course Ar Pen is great and more damage on W is nice, I was thinking with voli's high attack speed (with max stacks of W) your auto's would overall do more damage in the course of a teamfight than one or two bursts of W?

And I would say that Voli is not really a burst champ-although his W is a strong execute for carries, but I guess the choice to go for more burst on the W and health (more tank) or build more AD/AS/Ar pen would be situational. (is the opponents carry fed or the bruiser the main problem?)
Yes, but every autoattack also scales off of on-hit damage, which is cheaper than AD. I'm serious, go look at how much damage Wit's End gives and compare that to a BF sword.

Most of your damage doesn't come from autos, it comes from your ultimate, which scales off of attack speed, which Volibear already gets for free. The most important thing to build for is to not get kited, once you get frenzy stacks you get a ton of free damage.

Vhaegor

03-28-2013

on volibear you should build, Warmogs straight away, then go BotRK best offensive item on him or ninja tabi/merc treads, but get both boots and BotRK before anything else. after those then get Sunfire cape and spirit visage, getting one first depending on the other team. as final item either get Wits End if you want more offense and magic resist, Frozen mallet if you want to be bulkier and stick to champs, Runic Bulwak/Shurelias reviere if you want to be an awesome intiator and help your team, guardian angel if your a wimp and hate dieing or Zephyr if you got ninja tabi and want good offense, MS and some tenacity (if you got Merc treads I would recommend getting Zephyr and other item of your choice and getting rid of boots).

You can get any of the final items before your two defensive items but I recommend to ALWAYS get Warmogs first then boots and BotRK in whichever order you want, you are crazy good with those 3 items.

Pizzatime89

04-07-2013

just get alot of health items and any attack speed item. I usually go merc treads, Randuins, Spirits visage,Blade of ruined king, frozen fist and sunfire or warmogs. 3 offensive items right there. frozen Fist, BOTRK,sunfire. I usually rape **** with this build. Health is also very damagy on voli.

Pizzatime89

04-07-2013

Dont build locket either if you want to carry, its more of a support item than tank item. build randuins instead of that. If your carrying, you should definitely not build locket.

Slash7

04-07-2013

atma, mallet, warmog
firecape,spirit, merc

how bout that on health based?
i'd say ATMA would be best choice for health based champions

littleOschi

04-08-2013

I really like wit's end on Voli
AS, MRes and the Proc