Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Best offensive items on Volibear?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cloudx16

03-21-2013

I have been jungling volibear and I try my best to not kill steal from people but sometimes I end up getting pretty fed. The one time I had 20+ kills but the game dragged out and I was tanky as hell but did no dmg and ended up loosing. I was wondering what the best offensive items are for him?

My normal build is locket, warmogs, spirit visage. It changes based on ad/ap of the team I am facing.

I was wondering what items would be the best to help me dish out some more dmg and do you think I should build a few. Mind you I am in silver division V.

H0p0nP0p

03-21-2013

Merc, Warmog, mallet, randuin, bulwark, warmog... Or all warmogs hahahah!

Demon Sentinel

03-21-2013

I build mostly HP on Volibear, for the W. This includes Frozen mallet, Warmogs, ect. I dont build any AP items. Atmas is a pretty good item late game when I have 4-5K HP. Zephyr is also a good item mid/late game.

67chrome

03-21-2013

Atma's should be a solid pick-up on him, It ends up being cost effective around 2k health, which you should generally surpass by a fair margin on Volibear. And hey, more armor to make that health even more effective. Volibear even auto-attacks a fair amount for a bruiser, so critical strikes are still put to good use with him. Really though, on a bruiser that benefits adequately from critical strikes and already built Warmog's, Spirit Visage, and Locket, you're good with pretty much anything. Infinity Edge doesn't become a bad idea so much as making a really flippin scary bear at that point - it's mostly a matter of what unique passive effects you want.

Cloudx16

03-22-2013

Thanks for the input. I was doing some more reading and it seems attack speed would be the most important to take advantage of his ultimate proc. Maybe static shiv or wits end with a frozen mallet and atmas would be nice.

IonDragonX

03-22-2013

I'm of the opinion that his Bite is better than his ultimate. Because it scales with your Health and the opponent's missing Health, you really don't need much in the way of AD.
As someone mentioned before:
Warmogs - Frozen Mallet = + 255 to +510 more damage with his Bite attack

After that, you can build Armor and MR to be tanky or build more Health to deal more damage with his W.

Baraukarda

03-28-2013

Quote:
Cloudx16:
Thanks for the input. I was doing some more reading and it seems attack speed would be the most important to take advantage of his ultimate proc. Maybe static shiv or wits end with a frozen mallet and atmas would be nice.

every time that i can buy expensive items, i try to build Warmog, Berzerker`s, Static, (sunfire, randuin), atma... and at the end... wits end (or merc wits if the enemy team are heavy ap, before the static)
with armor and full AS runes, u can rule the world...

jmlinden7

03-28-2013

In a teamfight, most of your damage comes from your ult because it bounces onto squishies even if you attack the frontline. You only use your W once, and the cast animation makes it hard to use properly. The best offensive stats for Volibear are tenacity, movespeed, and attack speed. A frozen mallet lets you run people down even harder and is not a bad pickup.

One Squirrel

03-28-2013

Only two real things you ever need with voli is life and attack speed. While they are both important in their own ways you have to figure out by your own game play what suits you better. Life makes you buffer and adds damage to your bite. Attack speed allows you to hit faster to not only activate your bite but also deal more damage per swing when your ult is up. I try to balance these two because I want to be able to not only output as much damage from my ult and bite but also stay alive int he process. In my opinion building items without taking into account your enemies your fighting is poor playing. Just make sure your primary needs such as attack speed and life are present in the items purchased while taking into account enemy abilities and you should be fine. For example, oh look an ap team. What item has attack speed and magic resist.

heyitshojin

03-28-2013

Quote:
IonDragonX:
I'm of the opinion that his Bite is better than his ultimate. Because it scales with your Health and the opponent's missing Health, you really don't need much in the way of AD.
As someone mentioned before:
Warmogs - Frozen Mallet = + 255 to +510 more damage with his Bite attack

After that, you can build Armor and MR to be tanky or build more Health to deal more damage with his W.

But don't you usually do only about 2 bites in a teamfight? So overall wouldn't a AD/AS item be better?