I forgot how fun it is to break the mold

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Silent Suspence

03-21-2013

Played a team game where we had ...

Bottom Lane
Xin/Kayle

Mid Lane
Fiddle

Top Lane
Vayne

Jungle
Taric

Bottom and top lane didn't know what to do without a conventional ad carry and bruiser in those positions. I know it was only one game but it's nice not to always play the meta...

A Super Saiyan 3

03-21-2013

There is enough people who do not understand the purpose of the meta and when they are confronted with something different, they continue to hold to that meta and refuse to adapt.

Vanessa VanCleef

03-21-2013

Vayne top works, but as a counterpick to certain champions.

I pray the enemy top was not Teemo.

Her mobility with Q helps her escape ganks. Her true damage ignores tankyness. Of course, being a ranged champion helps. Her E also helps escape ganks as well as sets up kills.

Her ult is a cherry on top.

Zombie Horze

03-21-2013

1/1/1/2 yup. really breakin meta there

Silent Suspence

03-21-2013

lol of course not... vayne would get stomped up there. It was Cho'gath

Kyrrion

03-21-2013

Agreed.

A lot of people just need to sit back and relax, especially in normals.

It's very commendable to want to improve yourself but goddamn, take a break now and then. Have some fun. One game where everyone screws around isn't going to hurt.

You know what? We, as a community, should try to organize some sort of challenge where every play regardless of rank goes into a normal where the objective is purely "fun". Do something off the wall, play like we aren't trying to maximize on every strategic advantage. Hell, maybe have two people mid lane. Just something for every to just settle down a relax with. It's not ranked, we should just enjoy it.

Silent Suspence

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Horze View Post
1/1/1/2 yup. really breakin meta there
I've done the 5 mid to take the tower at the beginning too and other stuff like that. Sorry we didn't complete break it by sending two mid or something like that

Ruinating End

03-21-2013

This will generally go 2 completely different ways. You got a team who actually picks champs in said placed for actual reasons, and tend to win because the enemy team doesn't know what to do. Or you get someone playing ap riven and calling people sheep for not understanding their "genius" and they just wanted to be hipsters hurr durr.

Silent Suspence

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrrion View Post
Agreed.

A lot of people just need to sit back and relax, especially in normals.

It's very commendable to want to improve yourself but goddamn, take a break now and then. Have some fun. One game where everyone screws around isn't going to hurt.

You know what? We, as a community, should try to organize some sort of challenge where every play regardless of rank goes into a normal where the objective is purely "fun". Do something off the wall, play like we aren't trying to maximize on every strategic advantage. Hell, maybe have two people mid lane. Just something for every to just settle down a relax with. It's not ranked, we should just enjoy it.
Wait... so you are supposed to have fun playing games... *Gasp* Actually, I'll be honest, lately I have forgotten this idea and the last few games have reminded me just to have fun. I've done better in normal and ranked because of it just by not taking it so seriously or spazzing out about every little thing that goes wrong in a game.

SageMoad

03-21-2013

I had a game where my team had bad communication in queue so it was:

Top - Vlad + TF
Mid ~ Lux (Dont exactly remember)
Bot - Fiddle + Soraka

I gotta agree, playing out of the norm was hella fun.