Poppy Idea not hard

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Odachimaster

03-22-2013

she's that yordle chick with the hammer and what not

Odachimaster

03-22-2013

would it be more practical to increase her base mana mana/lvl or reduce her spells cost?

elktrkpancake92

03-23-2013

Does anyone else think it's hilarious how 4 of the 5 on the enemy team focus an ulting Poppy even though you know they know they can't do any damage to her? This is something that I see quite often in relation to the amount I actually see a Poppy anymore

Odachimaster

03-23-2013

ya at the low levels and randoms i see lots of ult waisted on me

AWildRaticate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-23-2013

The only way that I can think of to make Poppy a bit better in lane without making her broken OP would be to give her Q the Annie treatment and get the mana back when you kill with it. That way if you harass it'll still cost you, but you can at least get some decent farm under you without going oom after 5 Q's. That being said, all you really have to do is buy a Sheen and her mana is fine. Her costs are low, so buying any mana item at all leaves her in an ok place, it's just that her base mana pool is abysmal, making her costs feel high.

As I always suggest, though, run Poppy jungle. Her ganks are painful and that early blue totally alleviates her mana issues. I usually take the first 2 blues, and have Sheen before the 3rd comes up, or I'll ask for a manaless mid and keep all the blues and just own.

Odachimaster

03-23-2013

I like that, right now last hitting with q is out of the question but ur idea would make it more viable. However poppy's q doesn't become a 4 second CD until lvl 9 and u kinda want it off CD to be able to trade so when ever the enemy sees you q a minion its like saying "ok harass me now". Im still sticking with the double cast charge to return idea. It gives poppy a chance against ranged top.

Odachimaster

03-24-2013

do you think reducing poppy's passive to 30% and applying it before armor and MR would be OP?

Sir Strat Cat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdiIon View Post
I disagree with most of these changes. Watch a High-Elo Poppy, they never have mana issues if they're smart. You shouldn't be using W in lane at all.

Rush philostone, and make sure you're running 9/21/0 masteries. In lane you should never be harassing your enemy outside of autoattacks, and Qs, occasionally use E to STUN ONLY, or ESCAPE. The nice thing about Poppy is that her kit revolves entirely around the idea of survival, if you've been using W in lane to chase your opponent and scare them off or your E to get a free Q off, you've being playing her in lane completely wrong.

She's similar to a Nasus or Bankplank lane. Farm up get money get to late game. She's not a lane bully(unless you have Philostone Sheen). She's almost impossible to kill when you have pots/philostone/health regen quints running, unless you burn an ignite or two on her. I'm sure you can YouTube a dozen videos revolving around Poppy Passive OP.

Her only problem is that since S3 just like many champs, she received many unintentional and in-direct nerfs.
>poppy
>farm

Odachimaster

03-25-2013

k I understand play poppy=farm for 20 min and no champion should be usable 100% of the time but they are going to rework her, riot has stated they have intention to do so. my ideas were just reasonable attempts to keep her play style similar to current while giving her that S3 feel but anyway.

With a poppy rework what are the things riot CAN NOT change without destroying her appeal utterly.

CaptnBrinkz

03-25-2013

Poppy is fine.. Just very underplayed. The buffs you said to me were too much and would just make for another broken champ. Maybe the mana costs though, that would be fine.