Poppy Idea not hard

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Odachimaster

03-21-2013

This has all been stated a million times but I had a tweak that I think would fix her without requiring rework.

All spells mana cost reduced 20%

Give devastating blow splash damage, like 30%-40% should do it.

Heroic Charge gets a snare effect when fails to stun

Diplomatic Immunity Along with the 40% damage buff reduces damage taken from target by 30% but poppy deals 30% less damage to champions other than her target.

Well?

alfavhunter

03-21-2013

the only thing on there i can agree with is the mana cost, but for a proper poppy 'buff' look here

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3249524

your aie gives her to much aoe, when she has plenty of single target to justify no aoe, heroic charge needs a bug fix to make the stun reliable, the snare would make it to op for chase downs with poppy already having a considerably good MS increase

diplomatic immunity is a no, its fine how it is, if ur vs a poppy and you chose to have someone with no damage or CC, its your own teams fault that she can ult him and wreck your team because he cant stop her

Odachimaster

03-21-2013

the splash damage is really to give her more utility and presence in high end for it will give her pushing ability and team fight damage.

alright i'll concede on the charge. keeping that in mind it could use maybe like an extra 100 carry distance or so and maybe a return effect if it kills the target like if heroic charge kills the target poppy runs back to her original position. Better yet make her charge a two cast spell cast once to charge and then you have 3 seconds to press E again to return to your original position.

and if you fix her mana cost and farming with the q splash you have to do something with the ult. Poppy's ult is the reason why riot has such difficulty balancing her. the change I proposed isn't bad it focuses it without the unintended consequence of her ulting a support and wrecking the rest of the team basically immune. I think limiting her god mode is important but the damage mitigation + the boost to her target makes ulting an adc or apc much more appealing.

Odachimaster

03-21-2013

wow 1 hour and already page two

Odachimaster

03-21-2013

maybe also reduce devastating blow to 7% and remove the cap? except vs monsters

Odachimaster

03-22-2013

got another one if the splash from poppys q is too much damage maybe while devastating blow is on CD poppys auto attack deal say 80% of base ad as aoe dmg.

OdiIon

03-22-2013

I disagree with most of these changes. Watch a High-Elo Poppy, they never have mana issues if they're smart. You shouldn't be using W in lane at all.

Rush philostone, and make sure you're running 9/21/0 masteries. In lane you should never be harassing your enemy outside of autoattacks, and Qs, occasionally use E to STUN ONLY, or ESCAPE. The nice thing about Poppy is that her kit revolves entirely around the idea of survival, if you've been using W in lane to chase your opponent and scare them off or your E to get a free Q off, you've being playing her in lane completely wrong.

She's similar to a Nasus or Bankplank lane. Farm up get money get to late game. She's not a lane bully(unless you have Philostone Sheen). She's almost impossible to kill when you have pots/philostone/health regen quints running, unless you burn an ignite or two on her. I'm sure you can YouTube a dozen videos revolving around Poppy Passive OP.

Her only problem is that since S3 just like many champs, she received many unintentional and in-direct nerfs.

OdiIon

03-22-2013

Her kit also works like an assassin, kill a target and retreat, only she really doesn't have to since she's so naturally tanky.

If you want AOE damage on her grab a hydra. Her ult benefits on summoner's and item use so naturally they should die within a single ult.

Her charge doesn't need a snare because it works better than any push / pull, if they flash mid charge--as in, while they're being pushed-- she drags them to the spot they were originally supposed to. So for example,

If she charges alistar toward a wall and is to be stunned, and he flashed a millisecond too late BEHIND Poppy, she slams him into a wall anyways.

Don't change her ult, it's perfect. No reduced damage because of her Passive.

Odachimaster

03-22-2013

hmm i think your missing the point perhaps. I'm familiar with all the strats you've mentioned but she needs an answer for much of the grabs, snare's, poke's top lane sees atm. I understand how great her ult is but my idea is to give her some strength outside of that. You have to admit her mana costs are abit high even with safe playing. As for her charge I already changed my thinking towards more of a dash in dash out type ability. You may be right though, splash damage probably isn't the way to go towards her having a competitive viability. I play her as my main and I'll take on anyone top lane (even teemo) I can't beat some champs that's cool but if I keep up my farm I can still be influential in the game I'm just thinking about how to improve her over all and unfortunately (and I'm sure riot thinks along these lines) her ult makes it impossible as it stands.

Arcticfury

03-22-2013

Who is Poppy?