Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Solution to 90% of the anti-new karma posts.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

buncanduncan

03-21-2013

Why don't they just release this new Karma as a whole different champion? She shares almost NOTHING in common with old Karma, and there are people who like one or the other. This is very different from other reworks (eve and kat for example) because those champions kept their core "feel" and still played like the same champion as before the rework. New karma is almost nothing like old karma, and is more like a new champion all together. Why not just have her be like karmas long lost twin or something? (bad idea I know, but there is no real reason why old karma should be taken out when she is nothing like the new one.)

Needles K

03-21-2013

Unfortunately, I think the horses are pretty much out of the barn on this one. They've already put considerable design resources into this, so splitting the two Karmas would be a very costly endeavor for not enough benefit.

buncanduncan

03-21-2013

Quote:
Needles K:
Unfortunately, I think the horses are pretty much out of the barn on this one. They've already put considerable design resources into this, so splitting the two Karmas would be a very costly endeavor for not enough benefit.

Sadly I think you're right. I know trying to please everyone is impossible, but it just seems like they are letting alot of people down by removing such a unique champion without having the rework reflect her original kit. Guess you can't please everyone though :P

Aviddking

03-23-2013

This isn't surprising at all. I don't browse forums very often, so this is news to me. However, I saw a thread about people going up in arms about Singed's nerf, claiming that he should be adjusted "a little at a time" to see how it plays, when that isn't how re-balancing works in development. Anyway, let them complain, as they will likely play the game as normal when she's finally re-released, they'll forget all about it, and maybe even enjoy it. I bet well around, if not over 90% people that own Karma don't actually play her to care. People only like change if it's either subtle, or it doesn't remove the old.

Fulgulet

03-23-2013

haha, you know what I hate about this? He promotes to not making any more posts about karma, but he's making himself a new one starting a debate here. First of all, the new change is like, forever here. As much as Riot put the effort and time to change it, they will never go back to what it was. So if you like it, fine, if you don't then just don't play with her. Stop complaining about this.

And for those that like her, just concentrate on bugs and abilities/teamfights, etc.. If I could, i'd slap the ones that just keep talking about who's better. It doesn't matter now! When Riot changes something, 100% it stays like this! So it's really no point in trying to complain about this!

Mikado Kuro

03-23-2013

ITT: Another person who refuses to acknowledge that this karma is karma, just because this karma does the same jobs in a different way.

Atyri

03-23-2013

Quote:
Mikado Kuro:
ITT: Another person who refuses to acknowledge that this karma is karma, just because this karma does the same jobs in a different way.

Except no. The only utility she now brings to supporting is her shield. She no longer has a heal, can no longer speed up allies. This is a major hit on how support karmas, well support frankly. She is now in some sad category between mid and support because she has cc, instead of being in the great support category with healing supports like taric and sona.

Atyri

03-23-2013

Quote:
Fulgulet:
haha, you know what I hate about this? He promotes to not making any more posts about karma, but he's making himself a new one starting a debate here. First of all, the new change is like, forever here. As much as Riot put the effort and time to change it, they will never go back to what it was. So if you like it, fine, if you don't then just don't play with her. Stop complaining about this.

And for those that like her, just concentrate on bugs and abilities/teamfights, etc.. If I could, i'd slap the ones that just keep talking about who's better. It doesn't matter now! When Riot changes something, 100% it stays like this! So it's really no point in trying to complain about this!

But what about the current karma players that have basically lost a champion?

ZeroSoulreaver

03-23-2013

I liked the old Karma and I like the new Karma, but I must admit she just doesn't feel like herself. Something about the older Karma had an appeal that the new one doesn't have.

Now she will become FOTM and then quickly dropped and people will say "omg she's so weak"..oh wait that is already happening and she's only in PBE. Don't get me wrong I don't care what others say and will like a champ no matter what (Quinn). It's just people cried about Karma being so bad but really never put up any effort in the first place, that really isn't going to magically change with a rework. People want some ez mode overly aggressive run in push all buttons and clear everything AP mid...and Karma will never be that.

Just have to look at it from both perspectives. The guy who never liked Karma anyway and the guy who liked Karma before. The guy who never liked her before possibly won't even know what the differences are to her kit. He's happy anyway b/c she's a bit easier to use, however will never understand her full potential. The guy who liked her before will be like "really they dumbed her down for ppl who won't play her to start with?!" So, I kinda get both sides.

Vinta Calvert

03-23-2013

Quote:
Atyri:
Except no. The only utility she now brings to supporting is her shield. She no longer has a heal, can no longer speed up allies. This is a major hit on how support karmas, well support frankly. She is now in some sad category between mid and support because she has cc, instead of being in the great support category with healing supports like taric and sona.

I do believe Leona and Lulu both get along as supports with just crowd control (and a speed boost/shield on Lulu).

Karma also does speed allies up, with her shield.