Rammus top could be OP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

abzilla

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qc Ujelly View Post
This thread was just a little experiment to show you how little you know about the game compared to what you think you know. Enjoy, forum.

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/euw/23171751#profile
I downvoted you only for this. I love when people think outside the box in this game, but yo essentially went to someone, told them something that's hard to believe and they don't know about, then thrown proof in their faces like a dumbass kid.

I'm not coming back to this thread again, but seriously, online or not, get off that HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIGH horse and jjust be friendly to everyone!

Qc Ujelly

03-21-2013

You can see my build has close to 0 variance. I start 2 wards 1 mp 8 hp all the time. I have an armor runepage and an mr runepage. You can see my runes on lolking as well.

Start w at lvl 1 (unless invade). Max R-E-W-Q. Q at lvl 4 only.

You spend the whole early game stalling the lane. IT'S ALL ABOUT IT PUSHING TOWARDS YOUR TOWER! (You suck at surviving ganks). Last hitting at last second. (if you are vs riven/renek kayle/etc. you force them to harass you in the middle of your minions so that he pushes. Once the lane is pushed towards your tower. It is very easy to farm since your w gives you close to 100 ad at very early levels + the enemy can't farm under your without getting taunted.

****** If you are playing vs irelia/nasus/gp etc who are ALSO planning on stalling the lane. You must taunt while they are in the middle of your creep wave, WITHOUT ATTACKING THEM. This will cause your minions to attack him and, therefore not damage enemy minions, which pushes towards your tower. YES, you have to be that kind of maniac.******

Once you hit 6. Wait for more than 7 minions to be bunched up. taunt your enemy and ulti. Since you will do great damage, they will think they are gettin ganked/you are going all-in/etc.. and will sometimes use their own long CD ults/flash/ignite, but in reality you just wanna farm the waves with your R while also trading damage. At this point you have dodge boots/merc threads with the homeguard upgrade and you can just R every wave, recall if you are weak and be back to lane within seconds.

Meanwhile you are looking to countergank the enemy jungler with teleport OR teleport from base with homeguard. Don't just randomly teleport in for a gank, they'll flash, you'll lose top and Nexus.

Late game is up to you, don't be scared to engage with teleport/homeguard when its available.

Hope it helped, and for all the hate I generated, I was mostly just feeling bad for knowing this awesome secret of LoL without telling anyone. Had to make a sensationalist thread for people to spot it. SOrry!

Obama

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qc Ujelly View Post
You can see my build has close to 0 variance. I start 2 wards 1 mp 8 hp all the time. I have an armor runepage and an mr runepage. You can see my runes on lolking as well.

Start w at lvl 1 (unless invade). Max R-E-W-Q. Q at lvl 4 only.

You spend the whole early game stalling the lane. IT'S ALL ABOUT IT PUSHING TOWARDS YOUR TOWER! (You suck at surviving ganks). Last hitting at last second. (if you are vs riven/renek kayle/etc. you force them to harass you in the middle of your minions so that he pushes. Once the lane is pushed towards your tower. It is very easy to farm since your w gives you close to 100 ad at very early levels + the enemy can't farm under your without getting taunted.

****** If you are playing vs irelia/nasus/gp etc who are ALSO planning on stalling the lane. You must taunt while they are in the middle of your creep wave, WITHOUT ATTACKING THEM. This will cause your minions to attack him and, therefore not damage enemy minions, which pushes towards your tower. YES, you have to be that kind of maniac.******

Once you hit 6. Wait for more than 7 minions to be bunched up. taunt your enemy and ulti. They will think they are gettin gank/you are going all-in/etc.. and will sometimes use their own long CD ults, but in reality you just wanna farm the waves with your R while also trading damage. At this point you have dodge boots/merc threads with the homeguard upgrade and you can just R every wave, recall if you are weak and be back to lane within seconds.

Meanwhile you are looking to countergank the enemy jungler with teleport OR teleport from base with homeguard. Don't just randomly teleport in for a gank, they'll flash, you'll lose top and Nexus.

Late game is up to you, don't be scared to engage with teleport/homeguard when its available.
I was thinking meh, maybe your just mechanically much better than me and can play a champion like rammus top because you feel like it and can.

But using E to push to your tower is actually kinda genius. You get no minion agro for using E?

Karsuman

03-21-2013

That's pretty cool.

Would be curious to see one of these Rammus top games.

Obama

03-21-2013

Also, are hybrid pen marks necessary, can I get away with just using half of one and half of the other

Qc Ujelly

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obama View Post
Also, are hybrid pen marks necessary, can I get away with just using half of one and half of the other
You can do just fine with crit damage % marks.

TSM Wukong

03-21-2013

Wow. This is probably one of my favorite things i found on GD. As a bronze who mains jungle rammus, i really want to try this out. Thanks alot for sharing this, i will be using your build and your short guide to test on bots first, then normals, then maybe after a few successful attempts, ranked!

True Bandito

03-21-2013

As a former Rammus main...

Pikachuux3

03-21-2013

Already seen it in play, had Diamond Riven lose to Rammus top some time ago.

The Rammus was tanky enough with just FH and Thornmail, he ended up building Wits End and BT lol.

BRTHEBEST

03-21-2013

So the OP plays a single champion in an unusual role really well, and that makes it viable for everyone?

Oh, you mean like how Voyboy going bruiser Karma top makes it good?