If you're going to give me +1 LP, don't even bother

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tehpik

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-21-2013

Riot, you heard the man disable the LP gain for this guy so he can be even more mad.

Swiftestblade

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelflame View Post
It is the LP claming, as the system trys to make 100% sure you are ready to rise. Because the system can't make you drop again. And also, League Points tend to rise/fall at a much faster rate than your MMR (Elo) and the clamp is how it prevents someone who doesn't belong getting up.

That is the technical side. On the personal side, it is just insanely disheartening.
See this is interesting because I've been bouncing between two divs for the past 2 weeks or so. I get promoted, get to the next div, get about 20 LP for the 3 games, lose 2, drop down, then I win one in the lower div and get shot straight back into promotions, and repeat.

Its just evil; Heres the next div, but you wont get any LP in here and so have fun dropping back down love, League system.

Shadeykris

03-21-2013

LP gain / loss is based on... well it compares your League placement with your hidden matchmaking rating (MMR, formerly Elo). If your MMR is higher than your League, it tries to move you up faster (more points). If its lower, you get clamped (less points). Some threads for ref, and more to do with LP gain/loss:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3084419

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3081991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awaen View Post

So, just for my clarification when I try to explain this.

If your MMR is approximately equal your league placement, you should be seeing similar LP gain/losses (Other then the tier clamping) per game.

If your MMR is higher then your league placement, you should be seeing large win values, smaller loss values, as its trying to move you up.

If your MMR is lower then your league placement, you should be seeing low win values, high loss values, as its trying to move you down.

Roughly speaking, that is, I know there are conditions on division/tier steps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zydion View Post
This is roughly correct. And based on my experience the clamping is minimal if your MMR is approximately equal to your league placement, as I gained 15 LP from 85 LP after hovering around 90 LP. I'll let Yegg handle the specifics though.
As long as you win more than you lose, your MMR will go up. As long as your MMR goes up, eventually you will be able to go up in Leagues. Because if your MMR gets ahead of your LP, the system will give you bigger gains to help you get there.

Basically..... ignore Leagues, acquire MMR.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3199480
^This guy climbed steadily, with a win rate just barely above 50%.

Lunaria

03-21-2013

get to 99 and it will start giving you +0 until it thinks your ready.

It's a pretty moronic setup

Ndawgo

03-21-2013

i got 91 league points won 7 games straight. got up to 98 LP keep in mind on 1lp a game. Lose a game and i lose 14lp. Something just aint right with the system

Tìc

03-21-2013

Ok when i get to gold am i still going to be **** on with rating gains? I'm fine with grinding out some games to reach gold, but if i have to deal with 1-10 point gains in gold league, there is a 0% chance i will continue to play this game.

Also riot thanks for punishing me for playing with friends who are casual.

TL Frolo

03-21-2013

raise your mmr and you fly up the divisions