If you're going to give me +1 LP, don't even bother

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Folly Inc

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMEGATRON View Post
Wait, how is that supposed to be better than the elo system?
It's not. It's significantly worse.

LokeNess Monster

03-21-2013

Wait until you start getting zero lp after winning 10 straight games, then it gets really frustrating.

Fiora All Night

03-21-2013

But what's so bad about ending up in Gold V and then having to grind your way up to Gold IV?

Either way it's a grind, but if you where in Gold tier then you would be playing against more gold players which would be a better learning experience.

Turbo Sawka

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingCheeWong View Post
Its not something that is "fixed" its working as intended, as you cannot drop back down from gold the system must ensure that you are 100% Gold material.
you are wrong actually. there are milions of ways to fix it.
the problem is that you get +20 lp at first and than upon reaching 80 points u start getting 5-3-2.
easiest fix ever - if a player is in div1 and have a too low mmr for a promotion make him gain +5/-5 lp for win loss. than he has to boost his mmr and upon reaching 80 points it will be high enough. no clamp. TA-FUC.KING-DA. solved.

working as intended my as.s.

Acid Reigns

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-21-2013

WHy does no one understand how the system works? x_x

Slayer860

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid Reigns View Post
WHy does no one understand how the system works? x_x
I understand how it works now but I still don't agree with it, +4 or +5 ok but +1? F that!

Slayer860

03-21-2013

5 wins in a row and now getting +1. If I'm consistently beating everyone in my league why is it trying so hard to stop me ranking up.

ThorHammerz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayer860 View Post
5 wins in a row and now getting +1. If I'm consistently beating everyone in my league why is it trying so hard to stop me ranking up.
because anyone can have a good/lucky/winning streak, doesn't necessarily mean they belong to the mmr they just got themselves to with that streak. the system needs to confirm that you actually belong in gold before releasing the LP clamp for your division 1 promotion series.

If you want a better context of the situation, think of division 1 requiring 200 LP instead of 100 LP to qualify for your promotion series, but it still only shows up to 100.

Really guys, stop whining. You want the next tier? Work for it: it's not free. Stop acting like entitled brats.

Kalookakoo

03-21-2013

Seeing as you cannot be demoted down a tier, of course it will be annoyingly hard to be promoted up a tier to begin with.

sirturkey1

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayer860 View Post
Please skip the queue and find me a different game. I'm so close to Bo5 for Gold but I keep getting +1 or +2 per win. Had a long hard game coming back from a very bad start to win and getting +2 is just so disheartening.
Congratulations you are the first person to post on this topic!