If you're going to give me +1 LP, don't even bother

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slayer860

03-21-2013

Please skip the queue and find me a different game. I'm so close to Bo5 for Gold but I keep getting +1 or +2 per win. Had a long hard game coming back from a very bad start to win and getting +2 is just so disheartening.

Vanilla

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-21-2013

it's called clamping. there are 500 other threads about this posted in the last hour...sorry to come across as a ***** but it's true. :x

Turbo Sawka

03-21-2013

if there are 500 threads an hour about it maybe riot should do soemthing about it

cottonycloud

03-21-2013

All you have to do is win 20 games in a row. Only.

Slayer860

03-21-2013

I don't see these threads, what's it about?

Obliv

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-21-2013

Basically, your MMR (Matchmaking rating = Elo rating) is lower than the game expects you to be for the promotion series. As a result, you are gaining very low LP until your MMR gets up to the expected level.

Steelflame

03-21-2013

It is the LP claming, as the system trys to make 100% sure you are ready to rise. Because the system can't make you drop again. And also, League Points tend to rise/fall at a much faster rate than your MMR (Elo) and the clamp is how it prevents someone who doesn't belong getting up.

That is the technical side. On the personal side, it is just insanely disheartening.

WingCheeWong

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Sawka View Post
if there are 500 threads an hour about it maybe riot should do soemthing about it
Its not something that is "fixed" its working as intended, as you cannot drop back down from gold the system must ensure that you are 100% Gold material.

Slayer860

03-21-2013

OK, thanks for the explanation. I was getting +20 something all the way from Silver 4 up to 90 LP in Silver 1. I'm improving my game a lot lately, had a rough time but managed to carry myself all the way from bottom of Silver 4.

MMEGATRON

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obliv View Post
Basically, your MMR (Matchmaking rating = Elo rating) is lower than the game expects you to be for the promotion series. As a result, you are gaining very low LP until your MMR gets up to the expected level.
Wait, how is that supposed to be better than the elo system?