Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

To all the Heimerdinger HATERS

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VICKLIUS

03-22-2013

not saying he is weak, he just is not viable, late game 1spell or atk can destroy them. u are forced to get zhonyas an hope that they are dumb enough to still go after you an not ur turrets. here are my ideas of how he could be improved yet leave him balanced. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=35872297

Evolnemesis

03-23-2013

A better way to say it is he is not weak as a champ by design... He didn't just get left behind or happen to be weak because of meta changes or his basic kit. His problem is that he was a good champ who had ALL his numbers nerfed to hell, in ways that destroyed his late game and ruined his viability, because his laning was broken (and really still is)... He's the only champ left that Riot said was toxic and in need of a rework who still needs fixing. He also got much harsher nerfs than any of the other champs they said that about... and all the others got their reworks long ago.

It took them nerfing every single one of his abilities HARD in every way just to make his laning possible to beat. They removed almost HALF his damage and total AP scaling, a huge chunk of range on every single ability and his turrets, and even weakened the reliability of all his cc by making his stun radius smaller and his slow area MUCH smaller... These nerfs severely hurt him all game, making his already weak late game beyond bad, because they took away EVERYTHING he had that helped balance out his weaknesses in teamfights. He needed the range and defensiveness he lost to make up for how slow and squishy he is compared to other mages. His abilities needed that damage to make up for how unreliable they are in targeting and hitting, their extreme dependence on positioning, and their high cooldowns and mana costs...

Riot themselves said he needed fixing and could never be balanced with his current abilities, they also said after they nerfed him to oblivion that they would not be touching him with any balance or number changes until a full ability rework could be done... It's just that they said this OVER TWO YEARS ago and STILL haven't touched him in any way; nor has the rework they promised back then ever appeared...

fibblins

03-23-2013

Heimerdinger is a blast to play in normals. I wouldn't take him to ranked though, it's easy to counterpick him at champ select. He can output impressive damage over time in teamfights but it's kind of a crapshoot; you need to place your turrets smartly and hope your teammates don't lead the fight away from them and also hope that your opponents don't take 2 seconds to destroy them. Against an AoE heavy comp your turrets might as well not exist. I wish riot would do something with him already. Even something as small as being able to hold four turrets in reserve instead of two would go a long way.

Evolnemesis

03-23-2013

Quote:
fibblins:
Heimerdinger is a blast to play in normals. I wouldn't take him to ranked though, it's easy to counterpick him at champ select. He can output impressive damage over time in teamfights but it's kind of a crapshoot; you need to place your turrets smartly and hope your teammates don't lead the fight away from them and also hope that your opponents don't take 2 seconds to destroy them. Against an AoE heavy comp your turrets might as well not exist. I wish riot would do something with him already. Even something as small as being able to hold four turrets in reserve instead of two would go a long way.

Yeah he can do well in normals because people there also tend to ignore his turrets and sit in their damage for long periods of time, and fall for baiting and team kiting more often... also noob players tend to surrender early more often if they are beaten in lane or your team gets an early tower or 2 or a few extra early kills, and that is one thing Heimer can help decently with. He scales with gear so badly though, that he doesn't really benefit much from a strong early game or getting more gold than the enemy. At least the fact that AP is so weak for him lets him build tankier items without worrying about losing too much damage...

He can still do quite well anyway if you can outplay your opponents hard with positioning and stuff, or they pay no attention at all in fights... The only problem is that really only happens when player skills are not even close to being equal; you see less of that in higher levels of ranked. There, you can't count as much on enemies making huge mistakes for you to capitalize on, and have to depend more on your champs strengths compared to the other champs; and in that department, he really brings less to the table than practically any other mage, while also being very vulnerable.. Also, Heimer's turrets, still the majority of his damage, are just too easy to totally negate if enemies pay attention.

At least he can still pubstomp, and still has the very fun playstyle and set of abilities that attracted me to him in the first place back in S1, even though the numbers are all nerfed... that's why I still like playing him.

From what I've seen of what Riot has planned for him (The leaked rework plans from last july), I think he will still be my favorite after he is reworked. It looks like they want to keep his basic game play intact, and have him use all his abilities the way he does now, at the same times he always would... just making his abilities more damaging and more reliable, except they want to make his zoning in lane tied more to him actively casting abilities, and not as much to his turrets passively just dominating the lane by themselves while they are sitting there and he's doing nothing.. His turrets will still be strong though, much better late game and capable of a lot more damage even early, it's just that he will want to work with them more, they will combine more with his other abilities, like how Zyra's seeds and plants combine with hers.