(FACTIONS) Signup Thread

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frollexi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2013

Demacia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LostDemonCat

04-03-2013

May my enemies burn in fire as I serve Noxus.

Fyrepyro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2013

For Demacia!!

JPillz

04-03-2013

Jpillz

for demacia

CupcakeTrap

04-03-2013

Hey Furrier! You raise some significant lore points. Sparkly's already addressed them, but I'll chime in too and explain why I made the decisions I did.

ANNIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furrier View Post
While Annie's parents are from Noxus, she has no strict attachement to them, she fight for anyone that meets her demands iirc.
I more or less agree. Here, I'm saying that Noxus has met those demands.

I imagine it went over a lot like how it did with Morgana: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3255403

The way I read Annie, she has a sadistic streak and a love of dark magic. Noxus appeals to her, then, in two ways. Others have pointed out that, in-universe, her parents were not fans of Noxus; my take on it is that Annie does whatever Annie wants, and she doesn't answer to anybody. If Annie wants ice cream for dinner, Annie ****ing gets ice cream for dinner.

And then, of course, there's the gameplay side of things: lore and theme is the foundation for these rosters, but I also aim for certain gameplay objectives, like keeping the rosters small-but-not-too-small. Annie is great in that she's a 450-IP champ who's fairly easy to pick up. This helps make Noxus more accessible to more players.

BLITZCRANK
Quote:
Blitzcrank also has no afilliation with Piltover last I checked, he left Zauner for a personal crisis, but there is no bad blood between him and the city. The relationship might even be friendly considering they acknowledge his autonomy.
Sure, so he could plausibly fight for Noxus, or just sit this one out. But Piltover needed some champs and I felt Blitzcrank worked thematically.

Story-wise, Piltover is a friendlier alternative to Zaun in terms of magi-tech (and just plain tech) development. That might appeal to Blitz.

Feel-wise, Blitz is a big steam-powered robot. He looks great as part of the Piltover lineup. LoL is a visual game, and I think it's good to have some visual consistency across faction members.

RUMBLE
Quote:
But by FAR the worst offense is that Rumble actively despises Pitlover because he thinks Heimerdinger sold out Bandle City's superior Yordle technology to them. He would never fight for them.

Zilean has a loose history with Piltover if you wanna add him to compensate, but imo Rumble gotta go if you wanna keep this accurate.
Take a look at this:
http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...t1x0?context=3

I think it does an okay job of explaining why I put Rumble where I did.

Story-wise, he's not fighting for them out of love. Rather, he's gritting his little Yordle teeth and fighting for them because it's necessary to ensure that Bandle City doesn't end up permanently behind Piltover, which is what might happen if Piltover gets exclusive access to the Mirrorwater. He's made a deal whereby he'll fight for Piltover but only for a very steep price: Bandle City gets equal access to the Mirrorwater if Piltover wins, ensuring no widening of the tech gap.

Fantasia Lopez

04-03-2013

guess you'll be able to add Freljord faction soon: Ashe, Lissandra, Sejuani, Trundle, Anivia, Nunu, Tryndamere, Volibear, Olaf(9) not the biggest group but still have atleast one for each role

Alphaw2

04-03-2013

For piltover

CupcakeTrap

04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasia Lopez View Post
guess you'll be able to add Freljord faction soon: Ashe, Lissandra, Sejuani, Trundle, Anivia, Nunu, Tryndamere, Volibear, Olaf(9) not the biggest group but still have atleast one for each role
More factions will be added by community-wide poll as the playerbase expands.

When new factions are added, everyone will have a chance to re-declare allegiances, so even if you want to fight for Freljord, feel free to sign up with another faction for now!

wants to sleep

04-03-2013

Pilt reporting in. I may have already played like 10+ matches.

Rachael Passive

04-03-2013

Damacia here ^^