(FACTIONS) Signup Thread

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CupcakeTrap

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellicara View Post
blood for noxus!!
do you have to be a hardcore pro to play factions?
Hardcore? IS THERE ANOTHER KIND OF NOXIAN? (/Spaghadeity)

More seriously: definitely not! We have a range of Summoner experience levels, from below level 30 all the way up to Challenger tier (literally the best in the world). I've attached a (slightly outdated) graphic below.

Part of the fun of this, IMO, is that it motivates Summoners of all levels to work together. High-level Summoners often help coach their teams and lead them in matches. And points-wise, I use a formula to adjust match values based on any gap in average skill between teams; if a high-skill team beats a low-skill team, the winner's gains (and loser's losses) are reduced, while the reverse is true for an upset victory by underdogs against high-level players.

Also, I feel I should emphasize that while there's a competitive element here, it's meant to be a fun mode. People are encouraged to engage in All-Chat banter and enjoy themselves as they fight for their faction and devise strategies based on this unusual game mode (e.g. the constrained rosters).

ViashinoWizard

03-21-2013

Did someone say SCIENCE!?

AboutTenPandas

03-21-2013

AboutTenPadas here.

Reporting in for Ionia.

Probably'll main Wukong or Irelia.

Let's do this

INyuuI

03-21-2013

Mdhe

03-21-2013

Whelp, I'm not exactly the best and brightest, but this looks like a good time.

For Piltover and Progress.

CupcakeTrap

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AboutTenPandas View Post
AboutTenPadas here.
Registration invalid; number of pandas must be stated precisely.

… upon receipt of a formal protest from the Ionian ambassador, I reluctantly retract my objection and enter Summoner "AboutTenPandas" (Ionian script: 熊猫十近似) onto the record as representing the Sovereign Realm of Ionia in the Mirrorwater adjudication.

Vinyl Skratch

03-21-2013

Vinyl Skratch, Noxus.

BLOOD FOR NOXUS!

P.S - In the event of champions like Shaco, are they banned as they don't have a specific faction?

CupcakeTrap

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinyl Skratch View Post
Vinyl Skratch, Noxus.

BLOOD FOR NOXUS!

P.S - In the event of champions like Shaco, are they banned as they don't have a specific faction?
Factions can only select champions from their rosters. This creates the interesting "constrained roster" gameplay referred to in the OP, and keeps things thematically cohesive.

Eventually, we should have enough factions out that all champs will be playable under one of them. For now, though, Shaco (for example) is unavailable.

though rosters can change as the story progresses.

Mysterio731

03-21-2013

Mysterio731, outspoken Ionian reporting in. I highly encourage every Ionian to chill in our faction chat (Ionia) and queue up with others for some practice! You'll never have to solo queue again, we've always got a bunch of summoners on (we're the largest faction!) just waiting to play. Practice team comps if you want, or just mess around, we're a friendly bunch.

Romeemperor

03-21-2013

Piltover!