I will not buy riot points or watch Esports until Riot fixes the normal matchmaking.

1234511 ... 17
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xXAgeOfCookiesXx

4 Weeks Ago

Just look here, for a sample of their failures: http://imgur.com/a/90Iq6

These all contain disparities in # of premades, level, number of wins, or rank. Not necessarily all of them, but they are all ways to determine how lopsided a match will be.

Its sad that I can hardly even consider those edge cases anymore. Their normal matchmaking's failure to take into account a player's ranked league makes it absolutely awful.

At the moment, if I made a smurf, I would level it to 30 and then go play ranked games. If I got to gold on this smurf, then went to play a normal game, it would consider me a fresh level 30 and then match me accordingly.

This creates a massive issue where people who play many normal games are consistently matched against plat+ players because their high amount of normal games will put them in with those plat+ players.

So I've created support tickets and numerous threads regarding the issue, in addition to sending an email to their matchmaking service, but to no avail. So, riot, since this obviously isn't important to you, I'll demonstrate how its important to me: I will not provide you with any money until you fix this egregious issue.

If you agree with me, upvote, bump, and email matchmaking@riotgames.com , which is the email I was instructed to send ideas to by player support. (Who also, by the way, took about a half dozen replies to get them to actually read my replies)

ForumPostingAcco

4 Weeks Ago

lol

YoshixZeFabulous

4 Weeks Ago

Bump for proper use of egregious

TheDarkSide11111

4 Weeks Ago

yes, i agree, their matchmaking has sucked forever now and they wont fix it. riot please

xXAgeOfCookiesXx

4 Weeks Ago

@Riot

Bump

McFlailin

4 Weeks Ago

I gaurentee you matchmatacking@riotgames.com is either fake, there just so everyone sends their match making **** to the email cus they get a bunch of it and they dont care, or not read.. at all

xXAgeOfCookiesXx

4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFlailin View Post
I gaurentee you matchmatacking@riotgames.com is either fake, there just so everyone sends their match making **** to the email cus they get a bunch of it and they dont care, or not read.. at all
Probably. I didn't even receive an automated response from riot.

Kholdstare13

4 Weeks Ago

I agree that ranked games should somewhat affect normal elo on the same map. Normal games should NOT affect ranked elo.

How can this work?

What if instead of everyone defaulting to 1200 by not playing, that number increased based on ranked elo? Something like 2:1. If you have 1400 ranked elo, your normal would reset to 1300 for that map. If you have 2000, you would reset to 1700.

The issue here is that players who never play ranked are setting the bar for how much elo means in terms of skill on that side, while players who DO play ranked set the bar for skill:elo ratio on the OTHER side. They end up very different. Giving a small boost as I suggested, however, probably won't leave anyone TOO far off the mark. Skill on 1 map, whether ranked or not, is still always applicable on that same map.

Starrow

4 Weeks Ago

and not a **** was given.
give up.

OP will give up after a month.
and he did.

xXAgeOfCookiesXx

4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starrow View Post
and not a **** was given.
give up.
No, I rather think I won't.

Bump

1234511 ... 17